Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Palestinian Authority declares war on Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to think of any war or conflict in the last 50 years which is remotley resembles the American revolution.... i'm coming up dry.

Comment

Vietnam.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That was the first thing I thought too, I then immediatly disqualified it.

The biggest and most important difference(besides all the military technology, which is pretty damn significant), is the fact that the American revolution had nowhere *NEAR* as many civilian casualties as Vietnam.

That is a big enough difference to say they really are not similar.

Comment

Well, that's only because modern warfare is dirty.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            It'd be nice if Israel would stop lobbing bombs into condensed urban areas for a change. If I were Hamas, I'd be using Israel's incessant military actions as a convenient excuse and justification for terrorism too... Israel needs to stop fueling Hamas' fire.
            and why would you do that? Just because seeing tragedy afflict people who are from your least favorite ethnic group gives you a warm fuzzy? maybe, because you think the government of israel will come to it's senses and be nice once you have begun a new campaign of killing their citizens?

I'm not surprised by Hamas' choice of response to the civilians deaths resulting from Israels imprecise counter terrorism efforts but I am very unpleasantly surprised to see anybody here saying that they would do the same if they were making these decisions for Hamas.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
              I'm not surprised by Hamas' choice of response to the civilians deaths resulting from Israels imprecise counter terrorism efforts but I am very unpleasantly surprised to see anybody here saying that they would do the same if they were making these decisions for Hamas.
              Remember that if one puts himself in the shoes of Hamas, one also takes the logic and motivation of Hamas. Hamas doesn't want peace, it doesn't want the conflict to die down, it doesn't want a "statu quo that works".

Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and they'll be very glad if they could convince all Palestinians and all Arabs to unite in order to destroy the hated zionist state.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Which is why the one state solution is silly...

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Vietnam.
                  Doesn't really work.

Comment

Iraq is the obvious example to use, the US being an occupation force and all....

I would say that Hamas's move is based on internal political motives. Abu Mazen outmanouvered them with stating he would bring the prisoner's plan to a referrendum. BY saying they will resume attacks on Israel, and possibly carrying that threat out, they bring about serious Israeli retailation, including assasination attempts against Hamas leaders, closing Gaza off leaving Pals. with even less work, and tougher movement restrictions all around. Thjose measures would make it impossible for Mazen to move along with his plan, 1. because a referrendum would pprobably not be able to happen in the West Bank due to movement restrictions, plus if the Israelis are lobbying missiles, killing elected officials, and who knows how many passerby's, as a response to any suicide attacks, in the name of Pal. unity Mazen might have to pull back on his plan.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That sounds like Hamas's plan alright. Pity, they care more about their political dominance then they do the welfare of their people.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        Iraq is the obvious example to use, the US being an occupation force and all....
                        And it doesn't work either. Comparing Iraq and the American Revolution just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                          The biggest and most important difference(besides all the military technology, which is pretty damn significant), is the fact that the American revolution had nowhere *NEAR* as many civilian casualties as Vietnam.
                          It didn't have as many military victims either. However, the war was mainly a guerilla war which we won by wearing down our opponent. They got tired of fighting and said okay, you aren't worth it. That's what happened in Vietnam. It's what will happen in Iraq.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

And it doesn't work either. Comparing Iraq and the American Revolution just doesn't make any sense.

jack that won't bite.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Remember that if one puts himself in the shoes of Hamas, one also takes the logic and motivation of Hamas. Hamas doesn't want peace, it doesn't want the conflict to die down, it doesn't want a "statu quo that works".

Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and they'll be very glad if they could convince all Palestinians and all Arabs to unite in order to destroy the hated zionist state.
                              Which would argue against not shooting back at terrorist targets, yes?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Once again, religion starts wars and claims lives...
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X