Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Palestinian Authority declares war on Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timexwatch
    When do we hold the Palestinians responsible for lobbing rocket after rocket over the border the past couple of months?
    IIRC, nobody here opposes Israel's fight against its enemies from the armed groups.

Unguided, home made rockets are the definition of a blunt weapon.
    Indeed. As a matter of fact, the Al Aqsa martyrs have "retaliated" by throwing rockets today. Talk about blunt: None of them hurt any Israeli nor did any material damage to Israel. One of them fell on a Palestinian town however (4 wounded).
    Last edited by Spiffor; June 10, 2006, 10:49.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
      How many do they kill? see also: "proportionate response"
      One in ten. It worked for the Romans.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

One in ten. It worked for the Romans.
        The nazis were even more effective: a hundred random kills to one casualty
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

You really think Israel can successfully end the attacks in this manner? Or do you think every Palestinian who can carry a gun will rise up and fight? And what of neighboring countries? You think they'll sit idly by?

yes yes and yes, to all your questions.

Close the borders (along internationally-accepted lines, not wherever-the-f*ck-Israel-feels-like lines) to general traffic, monitor them closely, check every person entering for explosives, and move people out of the illegal settlements whether they want to go or not. And stop shooting missiles back. Obviously, if the attacks haven't stopped after a number of years, or they increase in frequency or severity, or c/b/n agents are used, then Israel will have no choice but to respond militarily.

well, blimey! we have to just "wait a couple of years"? gosh!

I don't recall Israel ever not responding to attacks longer than a month, a few weeks at best... oddly, my "creative solution" doesn't seem to have ever been tried.

because it doesn't "seem" to work. Attacks don't cease, and waiting for a couple of years of attacks isn't acceptable.

Maybe Israel might want to use less blunt weapons

Why would it want to do so? Would you like a nice ground offensive that would kill tens if not hundreds, instead?

How many do they kill? see also: "proportionate response"

They don't - by sheer luck. But I never knew that having rockets lobbed at your town is ok, acceptable, etc.

and why should Israel respond proprtionately? I think the goal is to stop the violence. proportionate responces aren't moving the situation in that direction...
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

The government of Israel doesn't want peace. It goes through the motions, but every single time it stirs things up. I feel bad for the Israeli people, though not so much as the Palestinians.

If Israel really wanted peace, it would have dealt with Abu Mazen.

Israel has cut down more than a million fruit and olive trees in the territories. It steals land and water. The West Bank will be cut up into tiny cantons criss crossed by military roads, the West Bank of the Jordan River will be a military zone controled by the Israels. And they call this a legitimate offer of peace.

There is only one real soultion, a single, secular state.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

You really think Israel can successfully end the attacks in this manner? Or do you think every Palestinian who can carry a gun will rise up and fight? And what of neighboring countries? You think they'll sit idly by?

Close the borders (along internationally-accepted lines, not wherever-the-f*ck-Israel-feels-like lines) to general traffic, monitor them closely, check every person entering for explosives, and move people out of the illegal settlements whether they want to go or not. And stop shooting missiles back. Obviously, if the attacks haven't stopped after a number of years, or they increase in frequency or severity, or c/b/n agents are used, then Israel will have no choice but to respond militarily.

I don't recall Israel ever not responding to attacks longer than a month, a few weeks at best... oddly, my "creative solution" doesn't seem to have ever been tried.
              The international community does not give a #### about Israel's well being or continued existance and Hamas is not willing to negotiate on peacefull terms.

Thus, Israel gets to decide "wherever-the-f*ck-Israel-feels-like lines".

I assume most of your arm chair generals are also unaware that the prime minister of Israel is trying to push a massive land give away through his goverment-and even though it is amazingly unpopular in parts of Israel, it would PROBOABLY of suceeded.

No way in hell now lol.

Why is it on Apolyton that only physicists, mathematicians and people who have studied in applicable fields give strong opinions on super string theory and quantum physics, but every idiot with an internet connection thinks they are an automatic expert on Israel?

Most of you, simply put have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Well your "Keep bombing the Palestinians, maybe it'll work this time..." has been working oh so peachily. So much for your "expertise." Just because you live there (I assuming) doesn't mean you know what the f*ck you're talking about either. Does living in Nevada make me an expert on electronic gambling, nuclear weapons, or legalized prostitution?

Just because the international community, through the UN, continually gives Israel a verbal b*tchslap seemingly every session doesn't mean it doesn't care about Israel. It means it cares that Israel gets egging the terrorists on with incessant bombings which, because of the physical situation on the ground, keep killing civilians who aren't the targets. Careful what you wish for Ves, perhaps verbal b*tchslaps will change to military intervention. You want UN Peacekeeping forces marching through Jerusalem (which is supposed to be a neutral city anyway per the '48 plan)? I do, but I don't see it happening.

And what's this business about a "massive land giveaway?" What, is Israel suddenly deciding to honor the 1948 borders dictated at its creation by the UN? Anything less than that is land squating.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'm sorry Ves, but on any given subject I'd trust an OT troll over your expertise.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Thanks... I think.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I didn't even read your posts, Togglechap. I'm sure they're fine, though.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Well your "Keep bombing the Palestinians, maybe it'll work this time..." has been working oh so peachily. So much for your "expertise." Just because you live there (I assuming) doesn't mean you know what the f*ck you're talking about either. Does living in Nevada make me an expert on electronic gambling, nuclear weapons, or legalized prostitution?
                        I know more about Israel then Americans or Europeans whose ignorance demonstrates they have not been keeping up on Israeli politics. I live in the states-I was there a few weeks ago. I am not an expert on Israel by any means.

Originally posted by DRoseDARs Just because the international community, through the UN, continually gives Israel a verbal b*tchslap seemingly every session doesn't mean it doesn't care about Israel.
                        It does not? Er... what?

Originally posted by DRoseDARs It means it cares that Israel gets egging the terrorists on with incessant bombings which, because of the physical situation on the ground, keep killing civilians who aren't the targets. Careful what you wish for Ves, perhaps verbal b*tchslaps will change to military intervention. You want UN Peacekeeping forces marching through Jerusalem (which is supposed to be a neutral city anyway per the '48 plan)? I do, but I don't see it happening.
                        The U.N. has no balls and will not intervene. The first military force which enters Israel, against the Israeli governments wishes, gets nuked-if Israeli conventional forces are not enough. No country with nuclear weapons has ever been invaded-wonder why that may be? To add an addendum to that..... a future war with Egypt or Jordan is an *extremely* unlikely occurrence, as all are now reaping the benefits of relative peace. War is bad for business and Jordan and Egypts economies are finally starting to grow.

And what's this business about a "massive land giveaway?" What, is Israel suddenly deciding to honor the 1948 borders dictated at its creation by the UN? Anything less than that is land squating.
                        The U.N. has no right to dictate Israel's borders-the U.N. is a corrupt tool of whoever has most control in it at the time. It has absolutley no legitimacy. The 48 borders are irrelevant-Israel did not start the war. The U.N. might of given boundaries to Israel in 1948 but Israel did not start the war.

What country are you from, Drose?

Comment

I'm an expert at those things.

Does living in Nevada make me an expert on electronic gambling, nuclear weapons, or legalized prostitution?
                          And I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter if they are an expert or not. I fully admit, my knowledge of this situation comes only from the news. Some of which may be biased. But unlike the others, I will offer no solutions. The situation is hopeless. There will be no peace as long as Israel continues to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            The government of Israel doesn't want peace. It goes through the motions, but every single time it stirs things up. I feel bad for the Israeli people, though not so much as the Palestinians.

If Israel really wanted peace, it would have dealt with Abu Mazen.

Israel has cut down more than a million fruit and olive trees in the territories. It steals land and water. The West Bank will be cut up into tiny cantons criss crossed by military roads, the West Bank of the Jordan River will be a military zone controled by the Israels. And they call this a legitimate offer of peace.

There is only one real soultion, a single, secular state.
                            Che, they hate eachother, that isn't a solution.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                              see also: "unnecessary provocation of a larger enemy"
                              see also: "non-violent resitance works"
                              Says a guy with a Washington-avatar. (I think)
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The American Revolution is not remotely comparable to any sort of modern warfare.

Comment

Working...
                                X