• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gringlish,..
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

No one plays Field Hockey but girls.

It won't catch on in civilized societies until it becomes Beach Field Hockey.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You're just jealous 'cos I still look better in a skirt than you.
        I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

"Hey, did you hear that American TV ratings for the NHL are very low?"

"Do you think we'll get another snow storm before the July 1st long weekend?"
          Maybe if they were Newfoundlanders - who, by the way, couldn't give a rats ass about hockey.

Its actually interesting that no one here is very much into sports, at least not pro ones.

Comment

That's because they're not really Canadian.

Which is what makes it so fun when we **** them on hydro deals.

I guess the pogey is their way of getting us back for that, huh?
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I watched some Paintball on ESPN this evening. Then poker came on (had this rookie getting some really lucky hands).

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

They've only been a province for the last 50 years.

But we've got oil here now, and the budget is back in the black. Prospects are very good.

Comment

I watched paintball on ESPN the other evening. Unfortunately, it's tough to see the balls being fired.

Fun for novelty's sake.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Why would you be trolling Jimmy as a Newfie?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm just trolling in general. Where's Flub?
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Trolling
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Gonna bump this since I've been aware for 2 weeks... but the downslide happened when the NHL decided to just take the money and sign with OLN (which seriously overbid, but Comcast, who owns OLN, is trying to make it into a big time channel) instead of crawling back to ESPN. A more exciting game with ESPN would have done good for the ratings, IMO.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Are you familiar with the CBC and curling?

Incidently, any numbers on the Finals games on NBC?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• If the NHL had to pay ESPN to show the games, it would have been worth it.

Most bars put it on ESPN and keep it there, whereas many don't even have OLN. Turning it to OLN requires a special request to the bartender and no objections from the bar patrons.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Sucking up to ESPN certainly isn't the answer. If ESPN wants the sport for those areas where it draws well, they can pay for it and not treat the league like ****.

If ESPN want to show poker or beach vollyball, let them. There are other networks that will give the game better treatment.

And not being on in a bar in Georgia is not really a loss.

Sometimes you need to play hard to get, and not be a slut.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X