No announcement yet.

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars: The Wrath of the Geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, but when the eye of terror opens up, and slaanesh is born, the empire is going to have its hands full.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Space Marines would kick Stormtrooper ass all over the place.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Can't recall that. The Fed fleet was getting beat up by the Borg Cube (Worf's ship was breaking up and stuff).
        Well, yeah the Feddies were getting beat, but there was more damage being done to the Borg ship than had ever been observed up to that point...from which we can make the assumption that if you put enough weapons fire downrange you're gonna make it get hurt no matter what the "weapons frequency" is. Recall when the Enterprise fired a volley of torps at the sphere and destroyed it right off...without Picard going "hurr....attack the sphere HERE!"

As for warpspeed....how often do Starfleet vessels fight at faster than light speeds? (Except when they are running like the pansies that they are)
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Space Marines would kick Stormtrooper ass all over the place.

Well, I think it's a given that the Astartes could curb-stomp anything the GE has on the ground. In space I think the Empire would win, but, unlike the Federation, the Imperium would let the Empire know they had been in a fight.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: A New Hope were two awesome movies... Return of the Jedi was good... but not as awesome.

The Star Wars legacy gets weighed down by the newer movies though.

Star Trek: TOS is okay... the movies were decent, overall... TNG was great at times, DSN was good... I liked Voyager a lot. Enterprise had potential, but went out with a whimper and is better left forgotten.

I like both. I don't think it matters quantifying which is better. I think such a discussion is silly.

However, I do think that both Babylon 5 and the new Battlestar Galactica series are both better than Star Wars and Star Trek. Both series' have much better stories, better characters, and acting... as well as not getting too absurd with the technology.

And let's not forget people... it's science fiction.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Damnit Sava, you're taking the fun out of it.

(And yes, I think nBSG is better than SW and ST...from a story point of view. However, I found B5 to be ultra cheesy, crappy sets, and wooden acting)

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                Damnit Sava, you're taking the fun out of it.

However, I found B5 to be ultra cheesy, crappy sets, and wooden acting
                Well, B5 was low budget... but taking that into account, I think they did remarkably well. The story was amazing, IMO. It blows away anything that ST or SW did. I like how it was about the bigger picture... how things in season 1 made sense later on, etc... I'm not sure how you can complain about the acting though. I think the acting in B5 is better than what you see in ST and SW. The characters really make B5 great, IMO. They are kind of like cartoon characters.

For what they had to work with, B5 turned out to be a great piece of work, IMO.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Man, even Samuel L. Jackson's " A Sith....Lord???" was better delievered than half of the lines in B5...

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Well, I think it's a given that the Astartes could curb-stomp anything the GE has on the ground. In space I think the Empire would win, but, unlike the Federation, the Imperium would let the Empire know they had been in a fight.
                    I think the Imperium simply has overwhelming numbers and firepower, even in space. The fleet we saw at ROTJ was supposed to be a large chunk of the Galactic Empire's fleet, but the colour and fluff for the Imperium suggests a much, much larger fleet.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael

I think the Imperium simply has overwhelming numbers and firepower, even in space. The fleet we saw at ROTJ was supposed to be a large chunk of the Galactic Empire's fleet, but the colour and fluff for the Imperium suggests a much, much larger fleet.

The Fleet at Endor was Vader's "Death Squadron", a counter-insurgancy fleet. Most of the Imperial Fleet remained in the Core Worlds.

And yes, while the Imperium does have overwhelming numbers, unlike the Empire it's beset by Chaos, Orks (We's da Orks and we's gots us a WWAAGGHH!), Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Tyranids, and, of course, widespread rebellion that makes the Alliance look like a bunch of Yokels with shotguns.

Galactic Empire Ftw(Assuming the GE says "**** it" and BDZ's the most heavily dfended planets)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                        Man, even Samuel L. Jackson's " A Sith....Lord???" was better delievered than half of the lines in B5...

WHATEVER

nothing in any of the new SW movies is better than

"YOU DO NOT TAP THE BOOK OF G'QUAN!!!"

RIP
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• G'Kar did always have the best lines.

Vir had a few good ones as well.

"One day I will see your head on a pole, and I will wave at you, like this."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar

The Fleet at Endor was Vader's "Death Squadron", a counter-insurgancy fleet. Most of the Imperial Fleet remained in the Core Worlds.

And yes, while the Imperium does have overwhelming numbers, unlike the Empire it's beset by Chaos, Orks (We's da Orks and we's gots us a WWAAGGHH!), Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Tyranids, and, of course, widespread rebellion that makes the Alliance look like a bunch of Yokels with shotguns.

Galactic Empire Ftw(Assuming the GE says "**** it" and BDZ's the most heavily dfended planets)
                            But think about that widespread rebellion for a moment. Half of the best warriors in the galaxy split off to worship gods that granted them awesome magical powers, but the Imperium still holds its own against Chaos.

The Empire's rebellion consisted of teddy bears, which destroyed the Empire in a single battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael

The Empire's rebellion consisted of teddy bears, which destroyed the Empire in a single battle.
                              Seeing as the Ewoks are planet bound, and this happens Before ROTJ, and there are no Rebel Commandos or Pissed Off Chewbacca's I fail to see how that is relavent.

Comment

• Oh. Right. The fact that we were talking about space battles makes it irrelevant. Woops. I probably just wanted to throw in an Ewok jibe.

Regardless, the Empire was repeatedly defeated in battle by foes with inferior numbers and firepower.

The Death Star really shouldn't have been destroyed. The rebels should not have been able to escape Hoth. The Millenium Falcon should not have been able to evade multiple Star Destroyers on multiple occassions.

The Imperium, on the other hand, has withstood Chaos, the Eldar, the Dark Eldar, and the Orks for ten thousand years. And now they're also fighting the Necrons, the Tau, the Tyranids... and still surviving.

Vader and the Emperor had their little empire going for a scant twenty five years, and they lost every single time they encountered a whiny, half-trained Jedi in a spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X