June 5th, 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 5th, 1989

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Chinese Buffet

Great Wall of China

Response to Tiananmen Square June 5 1989
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Noticed how the tanks to the rear aren't completely colored?

Comment

Camouflage isn't painted identically. It would kind of defeat the purpose...
          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
          New faces...Strange places,
          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by mactbone
            Camouflage isn't painted identically. It would kind of defeat the purpose...
            exactly

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

God, traffic was terrible that day. I heard it was snarled for miles around the Beijing Central Parkway because some douchebag stood in the street in front of a few trucks and wouldn't move.

I hope they ran that ****er over.
                B♭3

Comment

Speaking of dorks...
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                    God, traffic was terrible that day. I heard it was snarled for miles around the Beijing Central Parkway because some douchebag stood in the street in front of a few trucks and wouldn't move.

Attached Files

Comment

Most people in China have probably never seen that picture, and could not tell you were it comes from.

The Central Government has been very successful at erasing history at home.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Don't worry. With 400 people shot in Tianamman Square, he was probably one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Speaking of dorks...
                          I may be a dork, but at least I'm not Texan.

Dorkdom
                          B♭3

Comment

And interestingly, the one time the video footage was shown in China, the government used it as proof of how the government had been patient with the evil counterrevolutionaries and had not harmed them. I mean, if the Central Government was trully bad, wouldn't they have gunned down or ran over the guy??
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

What, we can't joke about Tiananmen? Too soon? What about 9/11?

Can I at least crack jokes about incorrectly connected pipes in some Polish day camps?
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X