Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Home computer 1954/2004.

I actually think the text and parts of the image are fabricated/altered, but anyhoo..
      Attached Files

Comment

errr, that looks like the engineroom control center of a naval ship.

We used the big wheel for the forward engines (ahead speeds), and the small wheel for reverse speeds (for some reason I'm blanking out on the name of this- I've been out of the navy too long). They actually use the same turbines as the forward speeds. But steam is admitted to a different part called the astern element. Causing the turbine to rotate in the other direction. I should note that most ships used 2 turgines (a HP and a LP one- the astern element is located on the LP one).

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

don't dis the terminator.

he still looks good enough to do T4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              errr, that looks like the engineroom control center of a naval ship.

We used the big wheel for the forward engines (ahead speeds), and the small wheel for reverse speeds (for some reason I'm blanking out on the name of this- I've been out of the navy too long). They actually use the same turbines as the forward speeds. But steam is admitted to a different part called the astern element. Causing the turbine to rotate in the other direction. I should note that most ships used 2 turgines (a HP and a LP one- the astern element is located on the LP one).
              I'm impressed. Turns out we were both right. The text was fabricated and the picture was doctored - and it is indeed taken at the Navy Museum, from the "dive control area", whatever that's supposed to mean. Here is the unaltered pic,
              Attached Files

Comment

I preferred the verison with Patrick Moore in.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    Home computer 1954/2004.

I actually think the text and parts of the image are fabricated/altered, but anyhoo..
                    It's a known fake, as you know.
                    Why post it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
                      It's a known fake, as you know.
                      Why post it then?
                      Because this is a "Funny pictures" thread, not a "100% Real pictures" thread.

Comment

if they don't have to be real... As I have no idea if some of these have been photoshopped or not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

that's not the one I wanted to post, but still funny.
                          Attached Files

Comment

couple more
                            Attached Files

Comment

another

see, I'm not sexist. I posted 2 pictures of stupid women, and 2 pictures of stupid guys. Equal opportunity bashing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X