No announcement yet.

California and Gay History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

GAY SEX
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        Gays have suffered from far more discrimination than left-handed people or red hair people.

To use such analogies is ludricous.
        Oh please! Do gays get their hands all messy with ink or pencil lead when they write? And just try finding a pair of left-handed scissors these days? It's a nightmare, I tell you, a nightmare.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Yes.
          I have never heard this...

JM
          (it seems like Homophobia is much more the result of fear than anything directly religious)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943

Yes, they did.

I'm old enough to have seen it ( everywhere, in the streets); and I still remember; and I never understood.

But the important is: And now?

If that is just a thing of the past, no use to claim in the name of people who already passed from old age.

If still present, I say fight, you have my symphaty, as long you don't bore someone against his will and you never try children.

Best regards,

Something like eleven states in United States passed bigoted, anti-gay laws in November 2004.

We still dishonorably discharge gays and lesbians from the US military who are found to be gay or lesbian.

Marriages between two gay men or two lesbians are denied the same legal protection and privileges.

Gays and lesbians can be legally discriminated against and be fired for being gay or lesbian.

Children of adoptive gay/lesbian parents or of a biological gay father or lesbian mother have less security and family stability, as they can be legally torn away from their parents in many cases.

This, and more, is all very much in the present.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

yes there are still anti-gay attitudes in the U.S. But Pekka has a point. Why give them special treatment? That will only make anti-gay sentiment even worse. People resent that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Something like eleven states in United States passed bigoted, anti-gay laws in November 2004.

We still dishonorably discharge gays and lesbians from the US military who are found to be gay or lesbian.

Marriages between two gay men or two lesbians are denied the same legal protection and privileges.

Gays and lesbians can be legally discriminated against and be fired for being gay or lesbian.

Children of adoptive gay/lesbian parents or of a biological gay father or lesbian mother have less security and family stability, as they can be legally torn away from their parents in many cases.

This, and more, is all very much in the present.
                Considering you have all these concrete points where it is obvious gays are discriminated, why the hell are you wasting time on something stupid as this law ?

You will get much more leverage if you go for the cases where everyone can see that discrimination is done instead of this law that majorily present gay people as whiners.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X