California and Gay History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowds March In Protest Of Gay Marriage Veto

(CBS 5) Supporters of same-sex unions held rallies in San Francisco and across the state Friday, in protest of the governor’s gay marriage veto.

You might want to actually live here to know what is going on. I don't try and tell you how Newfoundland is.

ZOMG the fisherman in Newfoundland suck! They are gay too!

I heard there were gay people in San Francisco though. You know maybe 1 or 2 or something.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      The majority of our population, including the freakin Senate, supported the bill.

It was the Governor, who is beholden to a political party and idealology, who vetoed it.

So don't blame it on the rest of us when one man (who is very unpopular with the population) stopped the bill.

So, no "so" for you. We're always ahead of the curve whether you like it or not.
      And who voted for the Governor? Thought so.

And I gotta agree with Jimmy. Massachusetts is way farther ahead of the curve on this than California.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And who voted for George Bush?

Thought so
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I agree that Massachusetts has made more progress in this aspect than California.

But playing one-upmanship between California and Massachusetts was not the point of this thread anyway. The fact that Massachusetts happens to have better political demographics than California for such initiative as protection of gay marriage, which allowed MA to make more progress does not mean that Californians are all hypocritical or complacent.

but anyway . . . . . .
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

And who voted for George Bush?

Thought so
            So you are saying the US is backwards on same sex rights? I agree.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not saying that at all.

MrFun was trying to remove the threadjack so would be nice if you respected that.

Comment

Not saying that at all.

MrFun was trying to remove the threadjack so would be nice if you respected that.
                I agree with Imran; our country is more backward compared to other Western countries in this aspect.

And as for Imran doing anything nice for me . . . . . .

Comment

Oh I agree with both of you on that one, just wansn't the point i was making

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    But playing one-upmanship between California and Massachusetts was not the point of this thread anyway.
                    But it's funnier and therefore much better than the original point of the thread.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

But it's funnier and therefore much better than the original point of the thread.
                      My intention in creating this thread was not to make anything funny in the first place, so your point about which is more funny is irrelevant.

Comment

You might want to actually live here to know what is going on. I don't try and tell you how Newfoundland is.

ZOMG the fisherman in Newfoundland suck! They are gay too!

I heard there were gay people in San Francisco though. You know maybe 1 or 2 or something.
                        Meanwhile, two fishermen in Newfoundland (or Mass.) can marry while two flaming aerobics instructors in San Francisco cannot.

That's pretty shagged.

Comment

I heard enough about how gay people were in history and I went to school in Texas.

Maybe if the gay community would be more open about successful people today there wouldn't be a problem.

Take Anderson Cooper for instance. First he was out of the closet but now that he has a major news show he went back in.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Meanwhile, two fishermen in Newfoundland (or Mass.) can marry while two flaming aerobics instructors in San Francisco cannot.

That's pretty shagged.
                            Well that's nice

And completely irrelevent

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

So you are saying the US is backwards on same sex rights? I agree.
                              I wouldn't say backwards. Only a handful of countries recognize same-sex marriage. Its just that certain places (including one US state) are ahead of the curve while others are not - like, for instance, California.

Comment

The real problem is that gay people always think everyone else is gay... even if they're not.

History books would be full of gay agenda!
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X