No announcement yet.

A 3rd President Bush? First 2 All for It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, while I know I would hate President Jeb Bush (after all, he'd be the President, and I've never liked one since Ford, and I was 9 then), and he does seem to have a real contempt for democracy here in Florida, he has been a rather decent governor, as far as governors go. He's very pro environment, he hasn't run the the state into the ground, etc.

He'd probably be the best of the three Bushes.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Obama? No, far too green to even consider at this time, but he takes after Hillary in not taking stronger opposition to Bush and recently he said Lieberman was such a swell guy that people should vote for him again.

Obama
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        To be fair, while I know I would hate President Jeb Bush (after all, he'd be the President, and I've never liked one since Ford, and I was 9 then), and he does seem to have a real contempt for democracy here in Florida, he has been a rather decent governor, as far as governors go. He's very pro environment, he hasn't run the the state into the ground, etc.

This lukewarm endorsement is enough for me to question whether I could vote for him.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          It's sad that we can't simply have the most qualified person for the job. Instead, we are forced to consider completely meaningless "qualifications" like "from a Southern State" just to appease ignorant morons who think that is of some importance.

And my statement is not a reflection on whether or not I think Warner would be a good President.

sigh

I cry for my country.
          Oh come on, like any country has the "most qualified person" as their leader. The reason you pick a Democrat from a Southern state or a Republican from, say, California, is that you take away your opponent party's strength area. It makes that candidate have much more appeal because he has a better shot of winning.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ford? You liked Ford? Why?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm all for turning the US into a constitutional monarchy and making the Bushes our royal family. They've already got a vulgar, insensitive matriarch; an idiot son; his felonious brother; and embarassing grandchildren. Plus, they're mostly goofy-looking. If we could just get them to intermarry with the Kennedy clan, it'd be perfect.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

A third Bush Presidency?

Well, no one ever lost an election by underestimating the intelligence of the American voter, so why not?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sit up there an be a of no influence, why don't you?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Here's hoping that the Republicans run Mike Huckabee.

For one I think he's an easy victory for any Dem but more importantly if through whatever circumstance he wins, he seems to be the best Republican for the job. (Fat chance though. They all hate him for being too liberal, and we hate him for trying to look conservative...)
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Isn't that like saying Emperor Hirohito is the least evil of the Axis heads of state?
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

What's wrong with McCane? He seems like a good option for president, yes?
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

He's a flipflopper.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

...and a Bush-licking whore. The man can't stop kissing Bush's ass. The GOP will try to paint him a "moderate" Republican, but his record proves otherwise, both his votes and just how much he rubs elbows with one of the most corrupt administrations this country has ever seen. Once upon a very long time ago I somewhat respected him, even entertained the notion of a Kerry/McCain ticket for the sake of toning down the political infighting. God, I must've been slipped some hardcore cocaine.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Ford? You liked Ford? Why?
                              Cuz I was a little kid.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think the Republicans are sick and tired of electing members of the Bush family. They all end up betraying the conservative cause by pandering to the left.

Mark my words: The Republican Party will nominate a conservative for president in 2008.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X