X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 3rd President Bush? First 2 All for It

Oh my. This could prove interesting.

AP - 59 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. - Could there be a third President Bush? The current chief said Wednesday that younger brother Jeb would make a great one, too, and has asked him about making a run. The first President Bush likes the idea as well. Jeb Bush, the Republican governor of Florida, has one asset that his presidential brother doesn't right now ? approval from most of his constituents. While George W. Bush's approval ratings are in the low 30s, some 55 percent of Florida voters surveyed last month by Quinnipiac University said Jeb was doing a good job.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Interesting to see the power lined up in few families in the US.. Kennedy's, Bush's.. Good thing or not? Oh, and that Hillary Clinton too.

Guys.. you should get like a nobody for president. A guy from the street named Jeff with a cup of coffee and a dog.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Kinky Friedman.

AFTER being governor of Texas. http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/vote/
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

we did get a nobody from the street - his name is george w bush, and hes just as dumb as that nobody.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

hmmm-- it would be worth it just to have ANY candidate that can carry Florida convincingly so that maybe they can get their voting processes straight during a less contentious election in that state
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Interesting to see the power lined up in few families in the US.. Kennedy's, Bush's.. Good thing or not? Oh, and that Hillary Clinton too.
            dont forget Roosevelts, Rockefellers, Stevensons, Tafts.

On the Dem side, Hilary apart, we're likely to have Evan Bayh, son of Senator and failed Prez candidate Birch Bayh running. On the GOP side, other than Jeb Bush, the only "legacy" I can think of is John McCain, whos dad, though not a politician, was an admiral in WW2. Im sure there are some im overlooking. George Allen, whose dad was coach of the Redskins?
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I don't like the idea of dynasties in the US. We're not supposed to have royalty. I will be very upset if Hillary is president in 2008.

Bush -> Clinton -> Bush -> Clinton.

I don't like the way that looks. And I certainly don't want another Bush.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's safe to say that political dynasties (and the way people vote based on name recognition) are very dangerous.

What qualifies Hillary over any other senator........................................... .............

The blame is the voters', who are too lazy to think about things.

Comment

hooray for the Bush dynasty!
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

If another Bush gets elected, I'm sooo moving to France... er, wait
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Not necessarily the voters fault. What if Clinton and Bush were running against each other for example? You couldn't blame voters for wanting dynasty...
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        It's safe to say that political dynasties (and the way people vote based on name recognition) are very dangerous.

What qualifies Hillary over any other senator........................................... .............

In reality, Hillary did an absolutely exceptional job of attaching herself to someone she knew could bolster her career. She has a very sharp political mind.

But that doesn't mean she'd be a good president. And as much as I am a crazy pinko liberal, I don't want her to be my president.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

So Wiglaf, where's my money ho? [/joke]

Anyway, most liberals who are paying attention are AGAINST Hillary running. While she hasn't been a cheerleader for the Bush Administration, she hasn't much opposed it either, unlike those whores McCain and Lieberman who can't help going back to Bush's side like a pair of battered wives. Gore might be an option, but he's still tainted in my eyes. Kerry? Maybe. Obama? No, far too green to even consider at this time, but he takes after Hillary in not taking stronger opposition to Bush and recently he said Lieberman was such a swell guy that people should vote for him again. :vomit:
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Think if Gore ran an honest campaign instead of trying to be someone else he'd have a good shot. At least I'd like him... well, ok people I actually like tend to not have good chances of being elected
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Florida has had problems with their child protective services. Even Bill O Reilly has slammed Bush on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X