Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanS
    Are you kidding? I've been carrying this POS thread for pages!
    My point exactly, we'd still be on page 4 except for you asking dumbass questions.
    Last edited by reds4ever; June 5, 2006, 19:13.

Comment

• The americans must never be allowed to win the world cup, it would sting so badly in the eyes of the rest of the world that the third world war would soon be upon us. It's that general attitude of "who gives a crap" among the people when they actually have a large amount of registered footballers in their country. It's not at all strange that USA can have a relatively strong team considering their resources. As a team I don't mind them at all.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• REAL footballers would be happy that Americans are playing and enjoying the game to an impressive degree. We'll win our cups eventually (not soon) and it will come from people playing and enjoying the game. I'm sure it will kill you, if you haven't keeled over already.
        Last edited by DanS; June 5, 2006, 19:22.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• EDIT:?

Comment

• Too many to list.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
              The americans must never be allowed to win the world cup, it would sting so badly in the eyes of the rest of the world that the third world war would soon be upon us. It's that general attitude of "who gives a crap" among the people when they actually have a large amount of registered footballers in their country. It's not at all strange that USA can have a relatively strong team considering their resources. As a team I don't mind them at all.
              Indeed. I liked watching the USA play last time, and look forward to watching them again. The wierd thing is, though, I actually wanted Germany to win when they played the USA, because even though Germany are, well, Germany, at least they are a footballing nation.

However good their team is, the USA do not deserve to win the WC until they stop describing their heavily-armoured version of rugby as 'football'. It pains me to see 'football' threads about American Football, and we have to call our game 'World Football' on here if we are to avoid the humiliation of using the S-word.

Having said that I warm to US Americans who do take an interest in real football. They'll do well to get out of that group, though.

Comment

• Agreed, it's bad enough already we have Yanks running Manchester United.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• By the way, how have the Glazer boys been doing? We don't hear too much about it over on this side of the pond, but after the initial negativity, I haven't heard anything bad about their ownership.

Where's Spink when you need him?

Comment

• Alex Ferguson had a bunch of positive comments over his working relationiship (collaboration) with them recently.

However, in no way should this be taken as an encouragement to repeat the act.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• you realize that many of the stadiums were built by the clubs entirely, an d that there is no reason for them to make them bigger than they can fill. they lend them (probably with some kind of compensation) for the world cup.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• If the countries need bigger stadiums, then they should build them. If it would help for several countries to joint-host, then they should do that.

The almighty Blatter is against such a thing.
                        Why? I have no idea.
                        The dutch and Belgians want to host the 2018 WC, but he has said that it's not going to happen.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• For a country that always gets kicked out in the first round, if they're present at all, you have a pretty big mouth

We learnt to have a big mouth from the best biggest mouths out there (not, not the US).
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• It should be noted that Imran totally gets it so we shouldn't ban all Americans from this thread.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                              By the way, how have the Glazer boys been doing? We don't hear too much about it over on this side of the pond, but after the initial negativity, I haven't heard anything bad about their ownership.
                              The Glazer boys are doing fine by me. Anything that annoys the Man Utd fans must be OK.

USA! USA!

Comment

• Let's hope doesn't go down a league hey.

Btw: the Emirates stadium...cool name!!!!

* shivers *

Comment

Working...
                                X