Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 minutes, 3 goals, couldn't have asked for a better start. Well, would've been better if Costa Rica were the ones ahead, but still the best opening game I remember (so far)...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      Damn, you're all haters. Where's the love?
      Nope. I just dislike the dumb Germany-haters.
      "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• Not 0 - 0 ????
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• The BBC offers live streaming of the game, but for UK viewers only. Anybody happen to know a simple, yet devious trick for me to view it anyway?

I saw something where dutch people often saw games using a chinese feed for competition games, can't help you any futher though.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
            17 minutes, 3 goals, couldn't have asked for a better start. Well, would've been better if Costa Rica were the ones ahead, but still the best opening game I remember (so far)...
            Yeah, but they're going into the "short pass-time" thing now.

Lahm's goal was gorgeous, a good first goal in this cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
              The BBC offers live streaming of the game, but for UK viewers only. Anybody happen to know a simple, yet devious trick for me to view it anyway?
              A) Go find a telly instead, or
              B) Rig up some kind of complicated hosting system (see, I'm great with the technical terms ) that will make the site think that you're in the UK.

Go South Korea!

Comment

• A fantastic pass over the defence!

Comment

• LOL Judgement at a Belgian news-site: Germany much stronger than expected. Judgement at BBC: performance far from convincing. I wonder who'd be more biased.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• I dont remember a game with so many intentional and unintentional handballs. Perhaps the Costa Ricans thought they were playing Rugby Football!
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

LOL Judgement at a Belgian news-site: Germany much stronger than expected. Judgement at BBC: performance far from convincing. I wonder who'd be more biased.
                      Its too early to tell. Germany did not look strong defensively. Costa Rica aren't exactly a world powerhouse. If the Faroe Islanders had scored two goals against Germany I'd say the same thing.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

LOL Judgement at a Belgian news-site: Germany much stronger than expected. Judgement at BBC: performance far from convincing. I wonder who'd be more biased.
                        They *were* stronger than expected. Of course, considering how crappy they've been the last few years that's not saying much. The Beeb's not wrong either.

Crappy football by both teams, I don't see either team winning from Ecuador and Poland if they continue like this. Still, 6 goals including two beauties, the score was close most of the game, couple of other good chances -- fairly entertaining match. Certainly the best opening match in years.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by siron

Nope. I just dislike the dumb Germany-haters.
                          Not dumb, just rivals.

Comment

• New thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=153588

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus

Not dumb, just rivals.
                              No, the true successful rivals of the past decades (Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany and France) respect each other.

And then there are the arrogant fans from England and Holland who declare themselves as top favourite each time. (I can imagine that those dutch have even done so in 2002.)

Sad, that they are disappointed each time and that they need dumb comparisons because of their frustration.
                              "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Working...
                              X