Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roeder: If everyone else can get that damned badge, why can't he? Rules is rules - even though he is clearly capable of doing the job. If he doesn't need one, why should anyone else who has a good run?

Comment

Souness: Funny how teams prosper when he leaves as manager. I wonder how many club chairmen have noticed this.

Comment

Spurs :

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
          Couldn't they just put in a figurehead as manager while Roeder calls the shots?
          What do you think we will do if the other chairmen insist on the letter of the law?

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          Roeder: If everyone else can get that damned badge, why can't he? Rules is rules - even though he is clearly capable of doing the job. If he doesn't need one, why should anyone else who has a good run?
          He was most of the way to completing it but had to retire from the course because of cancer: the same illness that saw him leave Wham.

What about the England selection then?
          I don't want to make this boring for everyone else out there, but it is pretty amazing to pick Walcott, who hasn't even started a top-level match this season.
          No Wright-Philips!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

He was most of the way to completing it but had to retire from the course because of cancer: the same illness that saw him leave Wham.
            Yes, Andrew Ridgeley was not in fact the least known member of Wham.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Walcott is freaking loony choice.. especially when Defoe isn't in the lineup. With Rooney and Owen hurting it'd be good to have Defoe around.

And Jenas and Hargreaves? I'd take Parker over either (then again, I guess I'm biased).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Joining Chelski was a cracking career move for SWP.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                  Joining Chelski was a cracking career move for SWP.
                  You'd have thought he'd learn from Scott Parker's career arc. The only way he'll get back to his former level is getting the Hell out of there!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

we gonna have a predictions thread?
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Is Paul around? He usually does it.

If not, I can look after the administration of it.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                        Is Paul around? He usually does it.
                        I doubt he is, but even if so, he announced he retired from doing prediction threads. That's why there were no CL/UEFA Cup threads this year I'd do them myself but I usually barely have the time to hand in my predictions in time, let alone run the whole show...

If not, I can look after the administration of it.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

walcott over bent is a joke, walcott has yet to play a senior premiership game whereas bent has helped himself to over 20 goals this season. i agree with lennon over wright-phillips though, he's looked a class act whenever i've seen him.

wouldn't of picked green, bridge, jenas or hargraves either.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

It's like Sven said **** it, its my last WC for these people and I'm going to try to screw with their minds because of all the BS I had to go through.

Comment

I am stunned that anyone except Sven would pick Hargreaves, yes strangely unsurprised that he did. Exactly what is he supposed to be good at, apart from turning up for kick-off on time? Perhaps any German polytubbies could enlighten me.....

Wright-Philips would be a shoo-in for me, but then Sven's an idiot. I'd have gone for Lennon and Richardson in case England needed to go hell-for-leather at the end of a game (or many), and have already stated that I'd drop Beckham as quick as the many Eastern European nobodies Harry would pick up for next to nothing.

Comment

I think Hargreaves got picked for similar reasons the Carra did. You can swap those players in for any midfield position (defense in Carras case) not just "like for like" substitutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X