Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easily? I think prior WC's have shown us that everything is up in the air after Brazil.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I only rank Brazil and maybe Italy above england.
      I need a foot massage

Comment

I rank argentina ahead of them. they had them in that friendly in geneva, only a one time monumental collapse prevented them from winning that game.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Can't see you holding the CR to a DRAW Imran....

Comment

As long as the defense plays solid as it has been recently (Onyewu is, of course, the lynchpin), I think the US can.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

"World football thread" is just code for "Englishmen making pipe dreams around their overated team - a proud tradition since 1967".

Comment

Onyewu? You have black players now? Last time saw the USA play they were all called names like Deusenhaastler and looked like they were on a sabatical from Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                  "World football thread" is just code for "Englishmen making pipe dreams around their overated team - a proud tradition since 1967".

Comment

keep dreaming about that tie game against the czechs. you have a better chance of squeezing a tie outta the italians who will score a goal and then play defense. bocanegra will go in for a corner, the ball will come out, and before bocanegra can get into gear, youll have three czech strikers and a midfielder already three quarters of the way down the field.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

And Gooch will stone 'em all

I think there is a better chance of scoring on the Czechs than on the Italians. The US MNT likes a more free flowing open game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                        I rank argentina ahead of them. they had them in that friendly in geneva, only a one time monumental collapse prevented them from winning that game.
                        I would agree that Argentina are better than England, but England vs Argentina has a history that makes it hard to choose in a head to head.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                          If England win the WC the press will call for McLaren to be sacked and Sven reinstated.

Comment

I agree, the US has a better chance of scoring on the czechs, but the czechs have a bigger chance of scoring 3 than the italians (I think totti is out for the world cup but im not sure)

1 thing is certain tho, france isnt getting out of the first round.

Comment

Italy have in recent times screwed up group games by playing too defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with three nil-nils. I would expect them to come second in the group, and to not lose a game in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                                1 thing is certain tho, france isnt getting out of the first round.
                                Now that is a different topic .

Though I do think that the Americans have an even chance of either making it or not making it out of the first round. I think they'll be close if they don't make it, but I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X