X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

They are dumb decisions.

Markkanen is proving to be a good goalie when he's not ****ed up by his pscyhe destroyed by MacTavish. Roloson was starting to suck before he got injured.

Samsonov was definitely not worth the trade.

You won't win the cup this year.

Both are too old to be useful in the future, and you traded away draft picks and future prospects.

I'd rather make an exit in the first round without giving up any prospects/picks than give up multiple prospects/picks for old rentals and still not get the cup.
    28 teams with prospects and no rentals aren't here.

The playoffs have been worth 10+ million to the club.

That adds 25 to 35% to the teams revenue for the year.

You're a genius, Dave. We just don't know of what yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Because I'm always on the internet and I get bored in class and then at home? Duh?

I don't currently live with the SO, we live on opposite sides of the city and see eachother Tuesdays and Friday Nights/Saturdays/Sundays. That's why I'm not on then.

When I'm at home or at school I'm on the laptop or desktop, which involves the internet. I multitask, so I'm on here lots.

Don't see what's so odd about it.
      Live on opposite sides of the city... going on about being married...

What a tool!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Is Edmonton really that pathetic to be cash-strapped for the cap without the playoff revenue?

Calgary turns a profit without making the playoffs, at the cap.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Remeber, Dave, YOU'RE GONNA BE AN ACCOUNTANT! YEARGGGGGHHHHH

(\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
            Live on opposite sides of the city... going on about being married...

What a tool!
            The tool here is you.

1) He moves back and forth between Waterloo and Calgary every four months
            2) I do not have a job yet (I am still in school until the end of August)

So he lives at home right now, and so do I.

When I graduate, I'll either accept the job with IBM in Toronto and get a place; or I'll get a job in Calgary and get a place.

We do not currently have our own places because it's not certain which city we'll live in, and we're both students -- at universities across the country from eachother.

It's pretty sensible if you're not an idiot.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Is Edmonton really that pathetic to be cash-strapped for the cap without the playoff revenue?

Calgary turns a profit without making the playoffs, at the cap.
              Jeez, Dave, some teams wouldn't be Calgary or Montreal. Go figure!

The playoffs take the pressure off the owners. They allow the team to bid for free agents (we have plenty of prospects and a young team).

Sammy and Rolie were well worth the trades, for this club.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

The tool here is you.

1) He moves back and forth between Waterloo and Calgary every four months
                2) I do not have a job yet (I am still in school until the end of August)

So he lives at home right now, and so do I.

When I graduate, I'll either accept the job with IBM in Toronto and get a place; or I'll get a job in Calgary and get a place.

We do not currently have our own places because it's not certain which city we'll live in, and we're both students -- at universities across the country from eachother.

It's pretty sensible if you're not an idiot.
                And you are comparing that to a marriage?

Yes, you are the tool.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Remeber, Dave, YOU'RE GONNA BE AN ACCOUNTANT! YEARGGGGGHHHHH

Ooo, the burn.

I'm sorry your friend is a loser, but it does explain why he was your friend.

I don't get why you still don't know which buttons of mine to push. You've pushed some of them before to great effect, but you've seem to forgotten how to do it.

As you can tell right now, I'm confident. I'm confident because I've got reason to be based on my experiences with IBM and my experiences with the SO and my experiences with school. Some people aim high and don't make it, others aim high and do. Just the way life goes.

I'm pretty sure I'll make it, the hardest part is landing a good job at a reputable company out of school.

Comment

• I'm trying for variety.

No fun doing the same dance twice.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

And you are comparing that to a marriage?

Yes, you are the tool.
                      We lived together for 16 months in Ontario.

We've committed to eachother and planned for the longterm, including family.

The fact that the current situation does not permit us to live together doesn't make it less of an intense. committed relationship.

I'm sorry that your marriage was a disaster, but it should be plain to see why. My relationship is an amazing success, and all of your chants of "it's going to fail! it's going to fail!" don't phase me.

Similarly, all of your chants of "it's going to fail! it's going to fail!" about my career don't phase me.

Not all of us are natural born losers such as yourself, where nothing works out and you resign yourself to a sad life alone online, beer in hand.

Comment

• Uhmmm, Dave?

He knew there was an end.

It's a bit different when you're cooped up and there is no end.

Oh, and I'm not alone. You're here to keep me company.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Uhmmm, Dave?

He knew there was an end.

It's a bit different when you're cooped up and there is no end.
                          The problem was, the hardest part was moving away from eachother. We didn't want it to end.

I understand what you're saying. Lord knows you would drive anyone bat**** insane if there wasn't an end, and any woman stupid enough to fall for you would certainly drive a normal person bat**** insane as well.

Some people are just destined to live alone. Embrace it!

Maybe when you're in a retirement home someday playing chess by yourself, John and I will come by and visit you.

Comment

• Yes, I enjoy solitude, now why do you keep pestering me?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Sorry, I missed this.

Originally posted by Ninot
                              Originally posted by notyoueither

If the team being played had anything at stake, I'm surpirsed they didn't ask the league to tell the team to reschedule it. That's what I'd have done.

And Boom Boom's ceremony was a month earlier in the schedule, but still not soon enough.

Theoretically speaking, if the Oil played the Habs with 5 games left, and it was the Boom Boom night and the same unfortunate event happened, would the Oil be as defendable?
                              Yes. It has nothing to do with the player being honoured for glory years gone by.

It has everything to do with the judgement of the management of the team fighting for a playoff spot here and now. They might be right, they may be wrong that it will help their team win that night, but the season that is on now, where playoff spots and jobs are on the line is what matters on any given game night, especially with 4 games to go.

I'm surprised you have to ask.

You don't see a problem with these things with 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or on the last game of the schedule?

I do see a problem with planning it so late, but I also see how it might be reasonable. Maybe they did it specifically to have Pronger in the building?
                              Then they can go **** themselves.

They don't own Pronger's performance anymore. The Oilers do.

Once again you can blame the Blues' management if they expected a team in a playoff battle to participate without question.

Maybe it was for attendance reasons? Heck, what if the Oil were 15th in the West, and the Blues were fighting for 8th? Would that just be dumb, or a move of inspiration? I'm not sure what a good reason would be, but I think Asher has a point that what the Oil did helped noone.
                              There would have been no problem if the Oilers had been out of the playoff picture, or securely in it.

The problem was that the Oilers were on the verge of being knocked out and the management made a call on what was best for the team in that situation.

Whether it worked or not is irrelevant, just as the call to pull the goalie is. It is the right call in the situation.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• In case you're wondering, Lowe's and MacT's jobs were on the line.

They miss the playoffs, one or both is likely gone, along with players.

You honestly think some ceremony should be placed above that?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X