This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cinch
    A better move would have been to point out that Hull and Gilmour are both former Flames. But, oh well...
    That would be a better move, but they traded away Hull early.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• And I mentioned Gilmour already.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Shame on me.

Some doofus brings up how a player 'raped' another team, and my crassness leads me to bring up the stats.

And you're waiting for reinforcements?

I'm just firmly establishing my long-held suspicion that Edmontonians are some of the scummiest fans imaginable.

Between the rioting and the behaviour of all of the Oilers fans on this site, without exception, it's undoubtedly true.

I do regret making the "raping" comment because it gave you a semantical tangent to go off on so people would ignore your immense stupidity in defending MacTavish. By no way did I mean MacInnis was the best player of all time, nor that he was better than any player Edmonton had -- which you seemed to have assumed. I'm just saying he had a hell of a slapshot that injured many, many people and found the back of many, many nets. Sometimes by hitting the goalie in the head, knocking him back, and rolling in.

But you sure showed me up with your typical Oiler braggart style and dismissal of a man who deserves a lot more respect than the people in Edmonton are capable of giving.

Carolina in 5, you guys don't deserve the cup.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And good riddance to bad rubbish.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

• You have no idea the immense joy I will feel when Carolina wins, and I see the rioting on my TV of the hicks in Edmonton trashing everything.

It's as if all is right in the world.

But hey, at least you traded away draft picks and prospects.

The funniest part of all of this is the evidence that you didn't even need Roloson. Markkanen, as I thought from the beginning of the year, can be a good goalie. And, as I said throughout the year, MacTavish systematically destroyed his psyche. You guys traded away picks and prospects for Roloson when you didn't need him if MacTavish was a decent coach, and that makes me smile.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You are an amazing specimen of humanity.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Everybody likes to see the bad guys lose.

You guys are just so into yourselves you don't see that you are the bad guys. When your team completely sucked throughout the season, you were pretty dismissive of the team. Now that you've somehow made it to the finals the true colours come flying -- the arrogance, the bragging of the 80s (again and again and again and again), the lack of respect for non-Oilers, and the "stick to the party line" mentality of defending blatant stupidity.

The playoff ratings in Canada and the US for Calgary-Tampa were substantially higher, and anecdotal evidence showed people cared more for Calgary winning across Canada than the Oilers do. Almost every person I know in the Toronto area is cheering for Carolina (for various reasons). A lot of it has to do with the megalomania in Edmonton, and no one wants to see a resurgence of that from the 80s.

This is, after all, the city that gave itself the nickname "The City of Champions". Nobody likes a braggart, and it's all Edmonton does...for decades after the fact. It starts to become like Uncle Rico:

Comment

• Only you could take the expressions of one person and extend them to an entire community.

You should hope that people don't judge you so harshly that it rubs off on those you hold dear, child. There's a lot to judge about your behaviour.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Only you could take the expressions of one person and extend them to an entire community.
                    One person?

I know many people from Edmonton, including a few on this site, and they all exhibit the same behaviour regarding the Oilers. There's something in the water.

It's a cultural thing. You're the dirty blue-collar city in Alberta with your bosses in Calgary. So when your team is winning you want EVERYONE TO KNOW ABOUT IT, and then you remind them again and again for good measure. You name your city the "City of Champions" just so people don't forget you once had a great team. And to remind them again and again and again.

It's a hilarious inferiority complex that becomes grating after 20 years.

Comment

• Oh, and that's some technicolour **** you're pulling out now.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• The truth hurts.

Don't worry, we'll still send you guys your paycheques.

Now go on back to the rigs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

One person?

I know many people from Edmonton, including a few on this site, and they all exhibit the same behaviour regarding the Oilers. There's something in the water.

It's a cultural thing. You're the dirty blue-collar city in Alberta with your bosses in Calgary. So when your team is winning you want EVERYONE TO KNOW ABOUT IT, and then you remind them again and again for good measure. You name your city the "City of Champions" just so people don't forget you once had a great team. And to remind them again and again and again.

It's a hilarious inferiority complex that becomes grating after 20 years.
                          It couldn't be a normal reaction to a maladjusted person who couldn't grasp a basic fact if it threw him a lifeline, and who demands to argue a point for 300 posts all the while misrepresenting everything said by the other side as if the fevered mind imagines that wins an argument, could it?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• I don't think there's much to misrepresent.

MacTavish chose to boycott the ceremony of a well-respected well-established veteran of the NHL.

I consider this to be disrespectful and insulting, and you don't have a problem with it.

That's the difference between a hockey fan and an Oiler fan.

The 300 posts comes from you bragging about the Oilers in the 80s, bragging about how MacInnis isn't as good as so-and-so from the Oilers, whining about the timing (which Lowe could've fixed), and other general nonsense.

The simple fact is MacTavish was disrespectful, and you are as well. The spam you contributed was smoke and mirrors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              The truth hurts.

Don't worry, we'll still send you guys your paycheques.

Now go on back to the rigs!
                              We'll?

AFAIK you're a wannabe grad of a decent trade school.

Don't start handing out paycheques just yet. Try to keep a job first.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I speak on behalf of my family and my SO and my friends who work at corporate Oil offices that play with Edmontonians like pawns.

Myself, I'm not entering the Oil business. Need to diversify.

Comment

Working...
                                X