X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    Oh, and it is a team sport, doofus.

The records aren't set in some isolated arena.

Gretsky raped teams. MacInnis? Bwahahahahaha!
    You've illustrated nothing but contempt for MacInnis at worst, and dismissal of him at best, in this thread. It's not hard to imagine that MacTavish feels the same way, if not even more inflamed, towards MacInnis.

How curious...I wonder if that played a role in MacTavish's decision to be an ass to MacInnis.

(cue nye's whining about the timing again to avoid the issue)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That's class.

I'm watching the 89-90 deciding game on CBC. The Oilers 'are' parading the Cup and I can't see an empty seat in the Boston Gardens.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

You've illustrated nothing but contempt for MacInnis at worst, and dismissal of him at best, in this thread. It's not hard to imagine that MacTavish feels the same way, if not even more inflamed, towards MacInnis.

How curious...I wonder if that played a role in MacTavish's decision to be an ass to MacInnis.

(cue nye's whining about the timing again to avoid the issue)
        You plainly have no clue.

I have said nowhere that MacInnis was not a good player nor a valuable member of the Flames or other teams.

And again you invent animosity to explain something that requires none.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm done with this argument.

I'll say this in summary:

1. MacTavish is an ass for being disrespectful to MacInnis
          2. MacTavish has no clue how the psychology of hockey players works -- which is precisely why he destroyed the psyche of two goalies who should actually be pretty good, and it's precisely why he benched his team for an hour before the game in his hissy fit
          3. notyoueither is an ass for being disrespectful to MacInnis
          4. notyoueither can't debate an argument to save his life and is one of the worst offenders on this board for making arguments long and complex and then ignoring the bits and pieces where he is completely wrong and focusing on trivial semantics (what constitutes "raping")

You're completely in the wrong, notyoueither, but you think you're so right. So enjoy. Go out to Whyte ave and burn some stuff. You won this debate!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The blowhard yields?

I never thought I'd see the day.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              You plainly have no clue.

I have said nowhere that MacInnis was not a good player nor a valuable member of the Flames or other teams.

And again you invent animosity to explain something that requires none.
              You've consistently downplayed MacInnis this entire thread, and you've never said anything to support him. All you've been doing is whining about the timing, defending MacTavish's boneheaded decision, and then downplaying MacInnis' accomplishments by comparing his team's record to yours and showing the leading scorers list with lots of Oilers players.

You have not said it explicitly, but you've made it abundantly clear how you feel. I don't care if you backtrack now or even make a token statement about him being a good player.

If you respect the man, you would not support MacTavish's decision to "boycott" his once-in-a-lifetime jersey retirement ceremony. Simple as that, old man -- simple as that.

Comment

• Tough game. Tough loss. This is worse than the 5-0, because it was winnable. We just didn't execute. I don't know what Simmer is doing, but he hasn't really brought any magic touch to the PP system.

Still, hopefully this just renders more extreme the extent of the Disneyesque comeback we are about to witness!
                "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• No matter what Flame, even if some of them were good, none of them were even close to being in the same league.

There's no reason for the Oilers to be jealous of MacInnis, and I'm sure a lot of Oilers wanted to be there. Smyth snuck out and was caught on camera watching from the run way.

The point wasn't MacInnis. It was a ceremony like that at that late date of the schedule.

Here's a hint. I was saying MacInnis was a good player, but his talent or deserving of honour is not the point in a contest this season that had an impact on playoff berths.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                    Tough game. Tough loss. This is worse than the 5-0, because it was winnable. We just didn't execute. I don't know what Simmer is doing, but he hasn't really brought any magic touch to the PP system.

Still, hopefully this just renders more extreme the extent of the Disneyesque comeback we are about to witness!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• No matter what Flame, even if some of them were good, none of them were even close to being in the same league.

I think that comment says it all. No respect, man, no respect.

Are there any good sports in Edmonton? I've yet to meet one. Maybe they're all in hiding over the shame people like you bring them.

Comment

• Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Regular season points leaders, all time:
                        Rank Name Team(s) GP PTS PPG
                        1 Wayne Gretzky, 2857
                        2 Mark Messier, 1887
                        3 Gordie Howe, 1850
                        4 Ron Francis, 1798
                        5 Marcel Dionne, 1771
                        6 Steve Yzerman, 1755
                        7 Mario Lemieux, 1723
                        8 Phil Esposito, 1590
                        9 Raymond Bourque, 1579
                        10 Paul Coffey, 1531

Who are those dmen in the top 10?

Playoff points leaders, all time:
                        1 Wayne Gretzky, 382
                        2 Mark Messier, 295
                        3 Jari Kurri, 233
                        4 Glenn Anderson, 214
                        5 Paul Coffey, 196
                        6 Brett Hull, 190
                        7 Doug Gilmour, 188
                        8 Bryan Trottier, 184
                        9 Steve Yzerman, 181
                        10 Raymond Bourque, 180

I'd like not to bring it up so much, but some people from Calgary don't pay attention to anything other than a two-by-four between the eyes.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• I think it's tactless to not only support the boycott of the man's jersey retirement ceremony, but then to go on and downplay his accomplishments by bragging about your teams abundant success 20 years ago and its great players.

Shame on you.

This is honestly why I can no longer stomach another Edmonton win. It's like a whole 'nother class of people up there that have no respect for anything. They riot, they boycott ceremonies, they downplay achievements of excellent players with comparison to their own, etc.

Is there anyone here from Edmonton that has balls to call out nye?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            Is there anyone here from Edmonton that has balls to call out nye?
                            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

• A better move would have been to point out that Hull and Gilmour are both former Flames. But, oh well...

Comment

• Shame on me.

Some doofus brings up how a player 'raped' another team, and my crassness leads me to bring up the stats.

And you're waiting for reinforcements?

(\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X