This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    And I loved the Calgary Herald headline about the rioting in Edmonton: "Whyte Trashed".

Don't recall anything like that on the Red Mile in 2003-2004...Guess this is what happens when the true hick city celebrates.
    It's really unfortunate.

The major bar area on Whyte Ave. sprang up around two older, rowdy bars (the taverns of the Strathcona and the Commercial Hotels). The rowdies are still there and some morons use celebrations as a cover to be idiots. The first time the area blew up was during a Canada Day party about 10 years ago.

The city and the province are most likely going to have to do something about it (like yank licenses from bars where people are overserved).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh

Ditto.
      Again, I don't disagree. It doesn't make my point any less true, though.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• And just what was your point?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• That his predictions are even worse than mine, apparently.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I think he's blown his spleen on the Flames and the Habs. Nobody has enough spleen to sink the Flames, the Habs and the Oilers all in one season.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Something like that, yes.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Whalers win! Whalers win!

Comment

• Rough for the Sabres. The injury situation and then to get sunk on that rule. Props to Carolina.

Now, let's go Oilers! 4 to go!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Hartford Whalers in 6.

I even if I weren't an ass, I'd still predict a Carolina win. I've gone against Edmonton in my predictions all along, and I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon.

It should be a great series.

Comment

• The Oilers in 6.

Picking the Oilers to win a series wouldn't be jumping on a band wagon, if you thought they would win. If you feel that Carolina is the better team, and more likely to have better offence/defence/goaltending in the series, then pick them.

I don't think the Oilers need fear any offence in the league currently, and they have an unpredictable and impossible to cover offence. My only concern is being stoned by a goalie who goes impossibly hot, and that doesn't seem to be a problem after the last few games Carolina has played.

What's with the Hartford infatuation, anyway?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• All it takes is a hotstreak from a goalie like Bryzgalov to end it all.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                          The Oilers in 6.

Picking the Oilers to win a series wouldn't be jumping on a band wagon, if you thought they would win. If you feel that Carolina is the better team, and more likely to have better offence/defence/goaltending in the series, then pick them.

I don't think the Oilers need fear any offence in the league currently, and they have an unpredictable and impossible to cover offence. My only concern is being stoned by a goalie who goes impossibly hot, and that doesn't seem to be a problem after the last few games Carolina has played.

What's with the Hartford infatuation, anyway?
                          Carolina is the better team, they're playing at the top of their game, and they're heading into the series with momentum to spare. I think the Oilers have been over-achieving all through the playoffs, and while it has been enough to get them this far, I don't think it will be enough to win it all for them.

And who could not like the Stinking Whale?

Comment

• I wouldn't consider scratching out a third period win in a seventh game over a team with a decimated defence as having momentum to spare. I would call winning eight of nine games agianst very good, healthy, teams momentum, but to each his own.

As for over achieving, I think people place a lot too much on the reg season record where teams had to play 32 games in division. You aren't comparing apples.

Once the goaltending situation sorted itself out, the Oilers are a very good team, so I think they are very capable of winning it all.

I hate stinking whales ever since before there were Oilers in the NHL. Old time hate is the best hate. Grrr!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Except I can't honestly atest to an old time hate. What was there to hate? But what was there to love?

That's why I'm wondering if there is a reason for your love of the whale other than something to spice up this years playoffs.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• The Oilers lost any and all momentum they had when they won the series in 5 game with a week off.

Look at the momentum New Jersey had...

Comment

Working...
                                X