This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad. Never. As it should be.

Why was he Canada's national coach again?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      My bad. Never. As it should be.

Why was he Canada's national coach again?
      He had the Leafs deep in the playoffs? *shrug*

Hope it's someone else next time.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
        Uhm, when did Pat Quinn win a stanley cup?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The point is winning a Stanley Cup doesn't make you a Great Coach for the rest of your life, and it's not a requirement of being a great coach.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The point is winning a Stanley Cup doesn't make you a Great Coach for the rest of your life, and it's not a requirement of being a great coach.
            more hockey wisdom from Asher

"winning a stanley cup is not a requirement of being a great head coach"

(not your exact words... but essentially what you are saying)

that is almost as good as the one where putting an awesome goal scorer on a line is going to make a guy's stats suffer

BTW:

Gionta... 48 goals...

Iginla... 35

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Gionta's goal production rate diminished after Elias' return, Iginla's increased. I'm not sure why you're arguing this.

Gionta was on fire before Elias' return, he cooled after.

BTW, look at the performance of Gionta vs Iginla in the playoffs. Iginla leads here (5 goals vs 2), too. As he did after the Elias trade as well.

Comment

Gionta's goal production rate diminished after Elias' return, Iginla's increased. I'm not sure why you're arguing this.

Gionta was on fire before Elias' return, he cooled after.
                Gionta had 13 goals in his last 17 games of the regular season... last I checked, Elias was playing in those games
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, Iginla didn't outpace Gionta at the end of the season.

Comment

In the last month, Gionta had 7 goals, Iggy had 3.

Comment

PWNage.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Gionta's goal production with Elias in the lineup: 22 goals in 42 games --> 0.523 goals/game.

Gionta's goal production with Elias out of the lineup: 23 goals in 40 games --> 0.575 goals/game

Comment

err, where did the other 3 goals go?

Comment

and on top of that, Elias finished the season with a point spread of 16 goals and 29 assists... for a total of 45 points. It seems he was the one setting Gionta up... and Gionta was the one scoring goals... not the other way around.

But that's what happens in hockey when you have two dynamic wingers capable of scoring on a line with a playmaking center. Usually, the guy who has been scoring will keep on scoring, and when a guy comes back from injury, he provides a boost to that line. Which is exactly what I said would happen.

I had Gomez on my team, which is why that was of such importance to me... it's also why I thought it was strange that you would get rid of Gionta when Elias was close to returning... or had returned... I don't remember the timing of that. But it was around the time that line was really heating up.

Instead of admitting your error, you felt the need to incessantly defend the move... to the point of making up this "hockey-stupid" point about a goal-scorer coming back being bad for a player's stats.

I guess you just have too much pride, huh Asher?

We all make mistakes. I made more than my share during the season. But you make it worse by sinking with your ship, so to speak. You should swallow your pride. You just make yourself look stupid by going on and on.

But hey... whatever you want to do man.

I wouldn't want you to change. It's so much more entertaining when you are the way you are.... the Asher I have come to know and love.

Good night guys... I'll see you later.

Go Anaheim.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hold on, I'm doing this while watching House.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                                err, where did the other 3 goals go?
                                and Elias only played 38 games... not 40

but let's just let Asher dig himself deeper
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X