Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi-Annual call for inclusion of state flags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It translates bad into english, they should have put "member countries" there as the EU is not a country.

The point is that the EU memberstates/countries are in fact all independent countries, something the individual states in the Us are not.

Comment

It translates bad into english, they should have put "member countries"
      Yeah, I'm sure you're more qualified to say what European Union should call it's member states than European Union itself.

The point is that I'm the sort of person who criticizes others for using incorrect terms I'm not so sure about without double-checking their meaning myself first.
      I agree

Comment

If you would read your own link you would see:

European Union Member States
        These are the main governmental sites for each country, which usually include the sites for the Head of State, the Government, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and sometimes a portal site for the national civil service.

The section "Other useful links" gives users access to the sites for institutions such as the national parliament, the national statistics office, the central bank and the national cultural organisation.

Originally posted by VJ
        I'm an annoying *****
        I couldnt agree more

Comment

OK, let's do a quick wrap-up about the discussion so far.

(1) I say that it'd be a possibility to get rid of the EU member state flags in user/cp
          (2) You "correct" me, saying that flags of EU members, ie. flags of France or Spain, are NOT really "EU member state" flags.
          (3) I google "EU member state" -- first link is an official EU site where EU agency itself defines "EU member states" as exactly what I told you they were -- 25 member states of the European Union.
          (4) You call me an annoying ***** and cite the following text:
          These are the main governmental sites for each country, which usually include the sites for the Head of State, the Government, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and sometimes a portal site for the national civil service.

The section "Other useful links" gives users access to the sites for institutions such as the national parliament, the national statistics office, the central bank and the national cultural organisation.
          You lost me -- how does any of this prove that France and Spain are NOT "EU member states", like the title of the page says itself?

Comment

The problem with the word state is that its used with different meanings: as country (as on the EUwebsite) or province (US), hence my translation remark.

Btw, dont you find people misquoting anoying ******?

Comment

Don't forget Arkansas's flag too. Arkansas has way more history than most of those island nations.
              Attached Files
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                That's a rubbish flag - way too complicated...
                I think you're right. Let's design a new one:

How about a golden background (for the Golden State) with powder blue letters exalting the State motto: "Eureka!" (I have found it!)

Comment

How about Arnold's face on a rainbow background, with a bow tie that looks like a big marijuana leaf.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Reagan's portrait should be on at least the flags of California and Illinois.

Comment

My choice
                      Attached Files
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I just use my state flag as my avatar. Though that means I can't use something else for my avatar. oh well.

Comment

I live in the second largest city in Maryland. It's got a flag. I should be able to use it.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

what city is that? Annapolis?

All my mother's family lives in Maryland. I have lots of cousins there. I've been there many times. But they live in rural areas.

The post office is Upper Marlboro, but they don't actually live in that town. they live along the putuxant river. I'm sure I spelled that wrong.

Maryland is a strange state. Do they still have drive through liquor stores?

Comment

Annapolis is tiny. I live in Gaithersburg. Which is in good old MoCo, which has incredibly strict liquor laws.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X