Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever finished a game of Monopoly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever finished a game of Monopoly?

Serious question. By finished I mean one person left, everyone else bankrupt.

I haven't. Whenever I play I either get bored, or when I lose someone always bails me out.
    Yes
    84.13%
    No.
    12.70%
    I have never played Monopoly
    0.00%
    I had 4 bananas on Mayfair once.
    3.17%

If you know how to play, it's easy to end games quickly.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Its pretty quick. Especially if you play the computer version (although that one is less fun).
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Nah, we use(d) the domination option, not the conquest one.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

To be fair, it depends on how many are playing... With 5 or 6 players, you can easily end up in a cold war between two or three remaining dudes after the others are bankrupt.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I remember the last time I played it with my housemate we kept going until 4am then I throwed away all those evil plastic homes
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

nah - the anti-trust commission we set up prevents monopolies from occuring.

perfect competition
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I have never understand how people can play games of Monopoly or Axis and Allies forever.

As long as people aren't wuses, the game is usually decided after a few hours.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yes, but I haven't played Monopoly since I was a kid.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Monotony.

Comment

MonoPoly
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I always liked solarquest (or something like that) better.

You played in the solar system, and all the properties were moons or planets (you could own mars, but not Jupiter or Saturn).

And all the moons (+ planet possibly) were part of the set, and would increase it. And every territory had a different price. Also, you had fuel which would decrease as you moved, which brought in another difference. You could build fuel stations on planets, which would allow others and yourself to fill up (but pay you for that).

Additionally, you could attack other players ships, and if you won could still some of their money (and fuel, I think). Every moon/planet card was full of information like mass and other such things..

There were also research stations and other such things (were like the railrods in monopoly). It was a much much better game.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I got the game when I was 9 or so

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

My games usually end when I bribe the corrupt local officials to condemn my opponents' properties. If that doesn't work I foment labour unrest amongst their employees and, once they're weakened, play at some predatory pricing schemes.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                              If you know how to play, it's easy to end games quickly.
                              Yep, games that go on longer than a couple of hours are rare, if you're playing to win. And if I may say so myself, I usually win.

Comment

Working...
                              X