Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever finished a game of Monopoly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if by win you mean tipping the board over as you try and sue your opponent for selling you crap hotels
    Monkey!!!

Comment

You mean there's other ways to win too?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

of course

it's Monopoly
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Acquire is a far more interesting game.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I used to like Monopoly, but rarely plays it. The last time I played it was with my brother and his gf (who has played the game a lot)... after that game I have never been interested in playing it anymore, as they cheat, but say it's part of the rules (yeah right!) to get away with it... it killed the game... and as I don't know anybody else who likes to play that game, there's nothing else to do, than to stop playing

I could understand it, if he was a teenager, but he's 30
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Acquire is a far more interesting game.
              I agree

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm sure I have, but not in a loooong time. More recent attempts (even those are years ago) ended whenever the winner was obvious.

Solarquest is kinda cool, but it's particularly harsh wrt fuel, IIRC.

Never played Acquire.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  Monotony.

Comment

Go play real board games: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Short answer: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        MonoPoly
                        by korg?

when i play with my friends we usually end games in 5-6 hours because we try to make strategic alliances, backstab, etc. its more like a game of diplomacy...

the far superior game to monopoly is solar quest, which is in the same vein
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I think so. The orange properties

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                            The orange properties
                            orange properties!

Comment

Yes, I've *crushed* countless souls in Monopoly games — and been *crushed* in return, my wails for mercy falling on the deaf, capitalist ears of my vengeance-minded little brother!

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrodrew
                                Yes.
                                Are those the real streets being used in the US version?
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X