Jesus Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Week

Jesus Week is upon us. Society shuts down for five days.

But why? Or "por qué?" as Jesus would say.

Today is when Jesus washed his buddies' feet and served them his body and his blood. Then oddly enough one of them betrayed him. That's why tomorrow is when he got nailed to a cross. Sunday is when he rose from the dead. Not sure why Monday is a holiday, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway I'm just wondering what all of this has got to do with all that other stuff that goes on during Easter. Like eggs and bunnies and the colour yellow. ??
    CSPA

Agathon needs a Jesus to wash his feet.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

yes, hippie feet smell (of fascism)
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The Jews shoved a rabbit up His ass while He was on the cross, which had the unintended consequence of it being blessed and granted immortality, and that's why the Easter Bunny sh*ts pastel-colored chocolate eggs.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

drose, as long as you don't post a pic of ... *youknow*
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The "Easter has been cancelled!" pic? Always a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              The Jews shoved a rabbit up His ass while He was on the cross, which had the unintended consequence of it being blessed and granted immortality, and that's why the Easter Bunny sh*ts pastel-colored chocolate eggs.
              You blasphemer.

I heard that the last thing you do before you die is to empty your bowels. So I'm skeptical of what you're saying here. Because I think the egg would have to be in there for a while in order to be blessed.

Or was simply inserting it enough? In that case anyone who just happened to put their finger into the lord's anus would be blessed.
              CSPA

Comment

...and would sh*t pastel-colored chocolate eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                  Anyway I'm just wondering what all of this has got to do with all that other stuff that goes on during Easter. Like eggs and bunnies and the colour yellow. ??
                  It's the season of nature's rebirth from the hibernation of winter. Eggs and bunnies are symbols of fertility, which most living things seem to agree is the hip thing right now, so they got thrown in.

The Lent is coming to an end, and so it's time to eat some eggs and get busy, so to speak.

Yellow is the colour of the Sun, which is now returning in force at Northern latitudes. And also of newborn, cuddly chickens, another hint at life emerging and newly found vitality spreading all over.

I should turn all this into a 1 hour show and go on national TV or something.

Comment

I like that the sun is returning. I went skiing on Monday and got a sunburn on my nose (and a frostbite on my cheeks).
                    CSPA

Comment

I hate it, personally. It's distracting the way it reflects in my computer screen.

Comment

stupid sun

global warming is all it's fault!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          It's the season of nature's rebirth from the hibernation of winter. Eggs and bunnies are symbols of fertility, which most living things seem to agree is the hip thing right now, so they got thrown in.
                          Back when the early Christians were forming a Church a lot of old symbols were associated with holidays of the Church. The majority of these are of Germanic origin, hence the symbols of rebirth like the flowers and eggs.

So Winston's got it right.

Comment

Last Thursday, I went to a seder ceremony involving "wine," the breaking of bread (matzot), washing of feet, and prayers/recitations.

We celebrated this at our local gay community church (Metropolitan Community Church) It was a meaningful ceremony -- I was glad I went.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sunday is when he rose from the dead. Not sure why Monday is a holiday, but I'm not complaining.

Monday is a holiday? In my country the holiday is on Friday, because that is when he was crucified and died.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X