No announcement yet.

Dallas Mega March draws thousands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite. His strategy is to occasionally troll at being a ****wit so that when he actually is being a ****wit he avoids heavy criticism.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm for immigration. Immigration made the USA. I'm not for gaining benefits illegally.
      HOWEVER, the protestors have done all possible to conduct themselves properly, legal or not.
      We're going to have to address the alien situation, and to be honest, I don't know how.
      It may mean granting amnesty to those here but if they stay here, English is the language.

For the record, flames bother me none.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
        What bothers me is these ****ers waving Mexican flags. I'm all for legal immigration - as long as they are required to either already speak or immediately learn English - but if you think Mexico's so great, then MOVE BACK!

Seriously, seeing people protesting stronger enforcement of immigration laws while waving foreign flags makes me vomit. I'm not so sure I necessarily support immediately deporting all illegals - I'm more in favor of a "path to legal status" type of plan, possibly including a series of fines, that results in eventual citizenship, because let's face it, many of these people are filling jobs no one else wants. It's not as if they are taking jobs in the technology sector that keep college-educated Americans from getting a job

But come on, people - if you think Mexico's great, and are so proud of Mexico and your heritage to the extent that you want to wave Mexican flags in the US, then move the **** back.
        But they aren't showing their desire to be Mexican citizens, they're showing pride in their heritage same as any Irish person in a St. Patty's Day parade or Scots during Highland Games. The flag-waving isn't about desire to be elsewhere, it's about desire to have their culture here and be free to do it. Would you rather they wave bottles of tequila or chihuahuas in the air? The flags are cultural symbols in this case, not nationalistic.

If you want to see people waving foreign flags specifically because they don't want to be US citizens, then here you go:
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

But they aren't showing their desire to be Mexican citizens, they're showing pride in their heritage same as any Irish person in a St. Patty's Day parade or Scots during Highland Games. The flag-waving isn't about desire to be elsewhere, it's about desire to have their culture here and be free to do it. Would you rather they wave bottles of tequila or chihuahuas in the air? The flags are cultural symbols in this case, not nationalistic.

If you want to see people waving foreign flags specifically because they don't want to be US citizens, then here you go:

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

No, the flags are really symbols in favor of illegal immigration. You're right, I'm being too harsh in terms of saying these people want to go back to Mexico, but all their flag waving is, is support for people who are in this country illegally.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

It may mean granting amnesty to those here but if they stay here, English is the language.
              Absolutely. Amnesty is fine, although I think it should definitely cost each person who broke immigration laws, in terms of fines and penalties, but each person granted amnesty should be required to learn English, and we should no longer post signs in Spanish, or any other language, or support bilingual education (except, obviously, to teach immigrants English).
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm with you on that one. I see no reason to elevate one "foreign" language over all the others.
                We defititely don't need instructions and information in 9 billion languages.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I say, if you can speak basic English, pass basic math + history tests, and have a job lined up, then why the hell would we ever refuse that? These guys are coming in and being consumers and paying taxes. It's great for everybody.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I agree, mrmitchell.

Now, I'm not ignorant enough to think that all, or even most, immigrants end up on welfare, I think they should probably also not be eligible for most social services until they have held a job for, say, 6 months.

Comment

Re: Re: Dallas Mega March draws thousands

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Wow, such racism. Yes Slowwy, every brown-skinned protestor is a dirty illegal wetback. It is inconceivable that any of them might be actually native-born or naturalized, especially since Texas used to be Mexican territory but when you briefly got your independence you were able to exterminate the "cockroaches" and purify the great white land. Yep, all them protesting brownies are illegals.

Go choke on some spurs.
                      bah they just stole it from the rightful native Spanish owners of the land.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                        What bothers me is these ****ers waving Mexican flags. I'm all for legal immigration - as long as they are required to either already speak or immediately learn English - but if you think Mexico's so great, then MOVE BACK!
                        I saw the protest at the Dallas town hall building and there was, what, one Mexican flag?! There were a ton of American flags.

And like said, Irish Americans waive Irish flags every St. Patty's Day parade! What's the problem with waving flags of their heritage?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          I'm with you on that one. I see no reason to elevate one "foreign" language over all the others.
                          We defititely don't need instructions and information in 9 billion languages.
                          Just as long as we outlaw "y'all", I'm with you, brother!
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, I can't stand all these ****ers and their Mexican flags either.

Last edited by Ramo; April 10, 2006, 00:55.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

****ing Mexican flags redux.
                              Attached Files
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

No, the flags are really symbols in favor of illegal immigration.
                                Immigration barriers are unlibertarian.
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X