No announcement yet.

Dallas Mega March draws thousands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I have a relative who is an illegal immigrant in texas.

Her name is Elba, you wouldnt guess her as being an illegal immigrant because she is an ethnic german, but she only speaks spanish, not a word of english, although the last time I spoke to her was 2003, so maybe now she speaks.

Her mother died in 2004 and she could not fly to bolivia because then she would not have been allowed to return.
    She was dating a black dominican.
    I need a foot massage

Comment

Good gravy, she could be a one woman U.N.!

Comment

Not really a Berlin Wall

The real Berlin Wall was built to stop people from leaving. The one you are discussing here would be built to stop people from coming in. This makes the two things fundamentally different.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Exactly. Similar to an extended castle with fortress and moat.

What makes Mexicans so special? Why do they think the rules that apply to every other country doesn't apply to them.
          USA is certainly not the only country with requirements for entry and/or staying. (See Che's thread on requirements for entry to Mexico to tour.)
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Exactly. Similar to an extended castle with fortress and moat.

What makes Mexicans so special? Why do they think the rules that apply to every other country doesn't apply to them.
            USA is certainly not the only country with requirements for entry and/or staying. (See Che's thread on requirements for entry to Mexico to tour.)
            But it would be the only democracy that defends itself with a wall and a moat...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

He needed those documents to get back in to the US, sloww.

Mexico lets you walk in with no documents whatsoever...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course. You really think people kill themselves in a stampede to get to Mexico?

Comment

?

I'm pointing out that using Mexico as an example was a bad idea on your part.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Not really. I'm asking why they are able to assemble and protest a law thats all inclusive to other countries?

Comment

Id like to point out that california was also owned by a different country and was what, if not stolen, was gained as all of you accuse the texans. If i recalll correctly this state was faught over in a war. I hardly think by losing a war instills the land was stolen.. All you folks can bash the state it doesnt matter but when you have a large group of people trying to beat the system, that are illegals, it becomes the problem of the state . I dont give a ratts ass if nobody likes the dam state, that is not the point,the deal is the folks want some reform over things that affect their tax dollars, and have a right to complain. Any border state will always see a flush of illegal immirgrants, and the goverment you folks continue to ***** about hasnt done a dam thing to stop it from happening. It seems the goverment is encourging it. Oh and by the way for you non belivers there is a place in lardeo on the border that has a hospital closer the one in mexico that pregnant woman walk around all the time. They figure if they go into labor they will be taken to the us hospital and the kid will then be born a us citizen, which allows the kid food stamp and medicaid benefits. I have seen it and it is a drain on the state, and what is even more ironic is the mother will not give up her mexican citizenship when she went to such great links to have her kid born in the us.
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Not really. I'm asking why they are able to assemble and protest a law thats all inclusive to other countries?
                          ?

What?

Is your argument now that:

a) The Mexicans shouldn't protest because immigration enforcement is meant to keep all illegals out, not just Mexicans

or that

b) The Mexicans shouldn't protest because all countries place controls on immigration

Because what you actually said was (b)

Would you like to change your answer to (a) now? Fine with me. But either way, Che's thread has nothing to do with it...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'd like to thank all of the experts who don't live anywhere near the border, or even the border states, for their well informed opinions

And I'd like to thank the mexicans for mexican food.

okay, i'm done.
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Discount Che.

My point is, Mexicans are no more special than Ethiopians. How may Ethiopians were in attendance?

Comment

Kaakie

I find it interesting that you think that being from Texas makes you more qualified to comment on any issue whatsoever.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X