No announcement yet.

Dallas Mega March draws thousands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody except the majority of the House of Represenatives...
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

Christ man, read what I quoted. You're going to have work this out by yourself; it's not that difficult.

****, I'm from Austin. You can't foist these guys on me.
      What does that have to do with anything? You live in the San Francisco of Texas, so what?

Austinites are special?

you aren't just a TEXAN, your an AUSTIN, TEXAN!

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• hey, austin is a great place don't judge it because of ramo
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaak
          hey, austin is a great place don't judge it because of ramo
          San Francisco is a great place too. But it's the liberal center of California, just as Austin is here. I've had a great time in Austin the one time I went there to have fun. (Business sucked).

ACK!

Comment

• I am sorry but ramo i got wht tuber got out of ur post. U said they are trying to deport friends amd relatives of us citizens... Friends and relative dont make u a citizen. Unless i am missing something that is excatly what you said
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• His point was that there were legal immigrants in the march because the US government is trying to deport their friends and relatives.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• regardless of his point, that is not what he said.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• Yes, it is.

The probem is that people other than Ramo living in Texas can't follow an argument.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Let me point out one other thing. Someone made a comment about them not all being illegals. I'm not sure thats completely accurate.
                    Mexican-Americans by and large despise illegals.

To which Ramo said:

Uh huh. If you believe that half a million illegal immigrants marched in Dallas yesterday, I have a bridge to sell you. Bat**** crazy Republicans want to deport relatives and friends of US citizens.

Plain as day to anybody who can read.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Yes, it is.

The probem is that people other than Ramo living in Texas can't follow an argument.
                      I can follow it, I did follow it, I agree with what he's saying.

But, he could have made it easier.

I didn't read the post he was responding to until he told me to though.......

ACK!

Comment

• It's like the twilight zone in here. Ramo says that US citizens get pissed off, and thus march, when their relatives and friends are threatened with deportation.

All of a sudden 4 people decide that Ramo has said that being friends with a US citizen makes you a US citizen.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I'm outie.

You people are silly.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• no KH I can follow an argument. if you believe that most of those folks had friends and family members there then u need a check. For if they had all these freinds and family they wouldnt be illegals would they?????

Comment

• you only need one sponser to get you to be legal

Comment

• What sponsorship entails:

Section 551. Requirements for Sponsor's Affidavit of Support.

"Sponsor" who signs an affidavit of support for an alien for permanent residence is legally bound to support the alien. If the alien goes on welfare or public assistance, the sponsor must repay any governmental agency for any benefits received by the alien.

This requirement must be enforceable against the sponsor by the alien, by the federal Government, or any state or political subdivision of a state, until the alien has become a citizen or until the alien has been credited for 40 qualifying quarters of work which are defined the same as in the welfare law.

To qualify as a sponsor, individuals must be at least 18 years of age, be domiciled in the U.S., and be able to support both the sponsor's and the immigrant's families at an annual income level equal to at least 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.

A sponsor must notify the INS whenever he moves, and failure to do so could result in fines. The new requirements will take effect by April 1, 1997.

Not exactly trivial requirements.

Sponsors also have to be immediate relatives IIRC (i.e. parents, adult children, spouses, or siblings); friends do not qualify.

But the biggest reason why these folks have to be generally legal are the logistics. Finding half a million illegal immigrants in the Dallas area to march on a single day ought to be damn near impossible (considering work obligations, etc. - that prevented me from marching in the Austin demonstration today).
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X