X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't have the time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      well, the MacBooks are expensive...

and I do sorta want a tablet too...
      Jon, are you still spending your way to oblivion?

Comment

no, I am currently just a little on the wrong side of even...

which is pretty good considering I spend more than half my take home pay on rent

and have a car loan

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Ouch...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

better than the last few years

the last few years I have spent about 50% more than my take home

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well you're going to have to curb that...I consider myself to be paying a large proportion of my income on my rent but nowhere near that proportion...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                Nope.

It's the one thing that annoys me.

I read somewhere that the new Intel Macs actually run XP faster than Dell's crap.

About time you left the Dark Ages, PH....
                My 2+ year old Dell is able to run XP, Civ4, WoW, Half Life2, Doom3, etc with only 256MB of RAM...
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Civ4 must be one hell of a strain on that!
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There is only a slowdown in the 1000s AD usually. It can be temporarily fixed by restarting Civ4 and then I'm usually good for at least an hour intially, but then only a half hour later.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

It's funny how you'd expect a game like Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 to be the more demanding
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

yeah seems hard to believe, unless the rest of the machine is like Gods own personal PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          It's funny how you'd expect a game like Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 to be the more demanding
                          Well, they are straining in their own ways. When it's a strain then it's a strain....when your system is like mine it's hard to tell between Civ4 and some FPSes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            no, I am currently just a little on the wrong side of even...
                            Pleased to hear it.

Comment

I have been interested in the Mac Mini, just to play around with, but it seems they've decided to take the $500 price and jack it up (to $600 for the cheapest one). Then, of course, I'd have to buy one of those contraptions that allows me to plug in all the peripherals into a switcher (allowing one monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers for two computers). Bah... maybe I'll just get an XBox 360 instead.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There's no point in getting a MacBook.

Acer makes the MacBook and for the same price has a rig that outclasses the MacBook in every way, without the ApplePremium.

Not sure why you'd want to run an operating system with a very limited selection of operating software (kind of the point of an operating system if you ask me), and rebooting into different OSes is a real pain.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X