Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay events, lack of logic IMO. Mr.fun explain this to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTBOT rating
    pure spam!

OTBOT

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      I see gay parades as no different than St. Patricks or Columbus day parades. A group of people wanting to celebrate their nationality or whatever it is they share in common.

However, I agree with you on the Gay olympics... WTF is that all about. I can understand the "special olympics"... but the statement I see from the Gay olympics is that they are different and deserve special treatment since they can't compete with real athletes...

Is that the message you really want to send?

Because, Lord knows, openly gay athletes are unquestioningly accepted by their teammates in all arenas of professional sports...

...or not. This is why they have seperate games: So the given player doesn't have to be uncomfortable around their own teammates or opposing players just because the player in question is gay. Otherwise, in regular sports, more often than not you'd have to hide the fact you're gay from your teammates and other players and constantly fear what they might do to you on or off the field if they found out. Take football or wrestling in high school for example. How do you think an openly gay (doesn't have to be a total flamer; could appear to be as straight as straight can be until the subject of girls/women comes up) footballer or wrestler would be treated? Differently, perhaps? Would a footballer be subject to more brutal body-checking by opposing players? Would the wrestler find himself without opponents willing to match up against him?
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Maybe they should take a lesson from the Olympic Ice Skating crowd...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IMO it's like a "shock and numb" kind of logic.

Shock the world with gayness, bring into the forefront, in a maner that is so over the top that anything less would appear to be "more tolerable", and thus easier to accept... "Hell, at least he ain't a diva"

Really, though, I think pride is the bane of any social grouping.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Maybe they should take a lesson from the Olympic Ice Skating crowd...
            But therein lies the rub: Ice skating is generally considered not a "manly" sport to begin with. Is that fair? No, but that's the reality of perceptions. The expectation is that all male ice skaters are gay until proven otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

But therein lies the rub: Ice skating is generally considered not a "manly" sport to begin with. Is that fair?
              Yes it's fair. Just like fireman is not a womens job.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

boo nellie talking homos
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Yes it's fair. Just like fireman is not a womens job.

Spec.
                  Wow, that's some sexist **** right there.

You seem to think that there aren't women who could beat the **** out of you through their own shear strength like a man of comparable size and build. Hell, at both my gyms last year we had the calendars put out by both the Reno FD and Sparks FD and both showed the women firefighters. They were scary-buff without being breastless hulking masses.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    boo nellie talking homos
                    OTBOT rating
                    you can ignore this, it's crap
                    Well, OTBOT does seem to get things right from time to time.

Comment

you go to two gyms?
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Do I own two gyms? No. Do I work at two gyms? Yes.

Comment

I can understand the "special olympics"... but the statement I see from the Gay olympics is that they are different and deserve special treatment since they can't compete with real athletes...

Is that the message you really want to send?

Guess thats what the sequal to 'The Ringer' will be about...

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            Do I own two gyms? No. Do I work at two gyms? Yes.
                            oh, you work at them... i assumed you just worked out at two different gyms for no apparent reason other than scoring all the firefighter calenders.

Comment

I work/work out at two seperate gyms. Why would I bother scoring firefighter calendars when I can score the firefighters in them when they come to the gym(s)?

Comment

see, thats the only reason id join 2 gyms; to increase my scoping out coverage area.

Comment

Working...
                                X