Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay events, lack of logic IMO. Mr.fun explain this to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Velociryx

I agree completely, but would point out that, while many women MIGHT excel at a certain job, there are some jobs that women will not (and have not, historically) gravitated to in great numbers.

Why this might be the case is another question, and probably deserving of a thread in its own right, but the fact that it IS so, and calling attention to it, is certainly not sexist.

-=Vel=-
    well, any policy that disqualifies all women because of your perception about women... would be sexist

and frankly, you shouldn't think in generalities like that

for every woman that might excel at the job, there are probably 10X as many little skinny weakling guys who can't do the job...

so why even have policies based upon gender?

have policies based upon the physical requirements of the job

gender should not even be an issue

the fact that you are so concerned about the differences between men and women leads me to think there might be some sexism going on... otherwise, why even discuss it?

everyone knows there are differences between men and women, why do you feel the need to point something out which is so blatantly obvious?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This thread is gay. So is OTBOT.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
        When I said shlt, I ment shlt, litteraly.

BC and Quebec are the only 2 cool provinces, and suprisingnly, the're the 2 that really want to be independant...

Spec.
        BC doesn't want to be independent...

Quebec and BC are the little children in our dominion, neither can make enough money to support themselves and rely on handouts from Alberta and Ontario.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Read your own post (above). You're talking about exceptions to the rule and talking about perceptions.

What I'm talking about is more than a perception, it's the way things really ARE. The current state of being. That's what Spec referenced as well.

Your reply smacks of PC, head-in-the sand refusal to admit that there ARE differences, referring to anybody who points them out as being "sexists."

I agree that perhaps the tone was a bit off, but the truth at the core remains the same.

For every female firefighter in the USA, how many male firefighters are there?

Do you suspect that there MIGHT be a reason for this besides "evil, sexist Fire Chiefs refusing to hire women in equal number?"

If so, then you just switched sides...

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

now I think you are trying to justify your own beliefs, but whatever

hey, whats with the red posts?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

everyone knows there are differences between men and women, why do you feel the need to point something out which is so blatantly obvious?

Why not discuss it?

Granted, the anatomical differences are obvious enough, but is that all there is?

If not, what's the harm in talking about it?

Why label someone who DARES talk about it as sexist?

Is it not true that the best way to understand a thing is to explore it...similarities and differences and all in between?

But no.

We are becoming so PC that even to MENTION it is to bring swift retribution.

And that's...amusing to me.

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

BC doesn't want to be independent...

Quebec and BC are the little children in our dominion, neither can make enough money to support themselves and rely on handouts from Alberta and Ontario.
                First off yes they do...Just check.

And yes we can easily survive on our own. But anything I say or do will ever make you change your narrow little mind because your a frustrated little girl trapped in a man's body that needs to be right all the time.

Dont be so angry because you're gay, not everyone is born a normal human being. Sadly, god decided that you had to be a handicap. Shlt happens.

Spec.
                Last edited by Spec; April 3, 2006, 15:45.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Wow, that's bad taste. Do you want to be banned, Spec?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Sodomy makes you super-strong. It would be unfair to allow gays to compete with those puny breeders
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Read your own post (above). You're talking about exceptions to the rule and talking about perceptions.

What I'm talking about is more than a perception, it's the way things really ARE. The current state of being. That's what Spec referenced as well.

Your reply smacks of PC, head-in-the sand refusal to admit that there ARE differences, referring to anybody who points them out as being "sexists."

I agree that perhaps the tone was a bit off, but the truth at the core remains the same.

For every female firefighter in the USA, how many male firefighters are there?

Do you suspect that there MIGHT be a reason for this besides "evil, sexist Fire Chiefs refusing to hire women in equal number?"

If so, then you just switched sides...

-=Vel=-
                      Red, pink, capitalized, and bolded. OTBOT needs to die.

*Sigh* Again, it has nothing to do with a woman's physical design to start with, rather what she does with it from there. Women who go through the training to become firefighters obviously have changed themselves to physically meet the demands of the work. They physically meet the demands of the work, not the perception she needs to be a man to do man's work. Whether a male fire chief hires her is a seperate matter. Ideally, it should be based on her physical ability, not the perception of her physical ability. The reality is that people like Spec manage to find themselves in positions to make hiring decisions.

And again, no one is denying that there are in fact physical differences between men and women. You can put that strawman to rest now, it's stinking up the place.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        Wow, that's bad taste. Do you want to be banned, Spec?
                        He wants to attack me because I'm from Quebec...I can play that game to...

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Why not discuss it?
                          Because what does that discussion accomplish?

There are women who can overcome the "differences", and there are men who are weak despite the "differences". So a discussion involving the differences is irrelevant. And frankly, a red herring.
                          If not, what's the harm in talking about it?
                          Because it's not productive. Why are you so obsessed about it? Do you feel the need to assert your "dominance" over females? To constantly assert that males have physical advantages over females?

WE ALL KNOW THIS!

But it's just like a head start. It's like someone having good genes. Again, what does this mean for some guy who is 5'8'' and 130 lbs and is a total weakling? Should he be a firefighter over some woman who has been an athlete her life and is in great physical condition just because you believe in this ignorant ideology that men are physically superior to women?
                          Why label someone who DARES talk about it as sexist?
                          Maybe when someone is obsessed with it... But again, I'm not labelling, I'm just telling you my perception. I'm just being honest. When someone is constantly obsessed with discussing the differences between men and women, that leads me to think that person might have certain... opinions...

We are becoming so PC that even to MENTION it is to bring swift retribution.
                          Do you have a persecution complex or something?

What is "PC" about anything I've said.

My attitudes towards this aren't "PC"... they are smart. I want the most qualified people being given the opportunity to get jobs... and when you discriminate against more than half the population because of some ignorant perception of their physical capabilies, you are eliminating the pool of people in which you can choose from.

Maybe you can put aside your feelings towards women and see my POV on this issue. I hope.

I don't think you feel the same about gays, so I don't think that's an issue here. Is it? So I think we're just talking about women. Right?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

First off, let me just say something before you all judge me when reading this post, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GAYS.
                            But anything I say or do will ever make you change your narrow little mind because your a frustrated little girl trapped in a man's body that needs to be right all the time.

Dont be so angry because you're gay, not everyone is born a normal human being. Sadly, god decided that you had to be a handicap. Shlt happens.
                            Interesting juxtaposition.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I dont have anything against Gays, I have something against that racist little bltch called asher.

Spec.

Comment

Canadians
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X