Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay events, lack of logic IMO. Mr.fun explain this to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay events, lack of logic IMO. Mr.fun explain this to me.

First off, let me just say something before you all judge me when reading this post, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GAYS.

Now that being said, wtf is wrong with some of you?! Where is your logic?!

You want to be accepted like everyone else, you want to be treated like everyone else, you want equality. yet, you have to have a parade to show you're different. Wtf?!

Every year in Montreal there's the stupid gay parade that prones equality while all you really do is insist on the fact that you are different...And now, this year, oh lucky us, we are the hosts for the 2006 gay olympics...WTF is that about...And you say you are like everyone else...Then why do you need your own olympics? How, physically, are you different?
    In my mind its just an excuse for all gay athletes not good enough for the normal olympics to compete somewhere...While maybe having extra activities between disciplines...But that's a whole other matter, and frankly, none of my business...
    I dont see how this is helping your cause, because it has absolutly no logic. We are like everyone else, but we need our own parade and olympics because we are different...Omg, who cares where you stick your thing, what happens in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom. Do you really need a parade to block all the traffic in the streets to be absolutly sure we gonna get agravated by your event and lack of logic?

If you wanna be treated like everyone else, act like everyone else. Period.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I see gay parades as no different than St. Patricks or Columbus day parades. A group of people wanting to celebrate their nationality or whatever it is they share in common.

However, I agree with you on the Gay olympics... WTF is that all about. I can understand the "special olympics"... but the statement I see from the Gay olympics is that they are different and deserve special treatment since they can't compete with real athletes...

Is that the message you really want to send?

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, its a weird idea. At least, its good for Montreal's economy.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

That's what they said before the 1976 Olympics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          I see gay parades as no different than St. Patricks or Columbus day parades. A group of people wanting to celebrate their nationality or whatever it is they share in common.

However, I agree with you on the Gay olympics... WTF is that all about. I can understand the "special olympics"... but the statement I see from the Gay olympics is that they are different and deserve special treatment since they can't compete with real athletes...

Is that the message you really want to send?

You bigot.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

sweaty athletes?
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Separate but equal
              CSPA

Comment

as someone whos attended the opening ceremonies of Maccaabiah, the world Jewish olympics, and has supported the notion of young people competing in that, I dont think I can non-hypocritically share the critique of the gay olympics. Maacabiah is a way to bring young people together, and to defy stereotypes of being "unathletic" - IE its an assertion of normality, and pride. I presume gay olympics serves a similar function.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

They have Jewish athletes?

Comment

I call shenanigans. Chicago has the 2006 Gay Games.

Unless they're somehow different from the Gay Olympics, at which point you should make the argument that without unity, they'll eventually have a civil war that tears their community apart. It'll be brother against brother, sister against sister, with massive deaths on both sides as loving non-married couples living in SIN are torn asunder by the might wrath of an angry god of war.
                    B♭3

Comment

Don't believe it, Red! LotM is just feeding you Zionist propaganda!
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                        They have Jewish athletes?

I suspect they even have gay Jewish athletes
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I suspect they even have gay Jewish athletes
                          They must be really bad.....

Comment

In my mind its just an excuse for all gay athletes not good enough for the normal olympics to compete somewhere...

Hey, if the English can have the Common Wealth games, then surely gays can have theirs.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Spec

-=Vel=-
                              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                              X