The Gay community and the power of Economics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

No, what has gotten you into trouble is insinuating that there are not rights being violated when heterosexuals can have domestic partner benefits but homosexuals cannot, or when a company refuses to offer domestic partner benefits to anyone because according to a state law, they'd have to offer them to homosexuals as well as heterosexuals.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

nobody liked my screenshot from the nissan website?

maybe I needed to draw a better shlong
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        How, exactly, do we know that it's Zylka?

What if this man IS, in fact, Mel Torme?

-Arrian
        You might be right, his usual fogginess is definitely tinged with a velvety quality.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I've never seen domestic partner benefits either. A relatively sane way to approach the issue is for the government to offer civil unions to all and leave marriage to those who want it in the way that they want it. Thus the seven thousand definitions of "the sanctity of marriage" can be upheld in whatever way the seven thousand different groups decide while anyone can simply enter a uniform legal contract with full rights with whomever they choose. This should be a political issue and not an economic issue.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

If I own a business and my employee gets married and has some kids, in addition to raises I might be inclined to add some kind of benefits plan to help him out. Now I have to do the same for a gay employee who wants to shack up with another dude? Equal treatment under the law doesn't include voluntary assiociations among the citizenry... I have no right to any benefits regardless of whether or not others get benefits...

And consumers have the right to vote with their dollars - a right essential to the marketplace and one that needs to be used occasionally to send messages to producers. I think we need more boycotts even though its usually religious fundies boycotting some book chain because it carries Playboy.

Comment

That is exactly homsexuals should have parity...gay marriage or whatever the biblebashers would prefer to call it
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
              X