Duke Lacrosse team rapes a woman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    I must admit that when I first heard about this, it was like 'Yep GUILTY' but now that there's actually some evidence i'm leaning towards 'lying *****'
    actually I went from innocent to guilty, but now to innocent.

that's what happens when you get a bunch of rumours and no real evidence.

Comment

well I understand they charged some folks so they muxct still feel like they have a case. Prosecutors/police usually don't take on such a case without SOME decent evidence. (unless this is a political "townies' versus "campus' type of thing?)
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

That's what I'm wondering about too (political thing).

Unless the defense has been lying about the lack of DNA evidence, the prosecution is in real trouble here.

Also, I watched about 3 minutes of what I believe to have been "Scarborough Country" yesterday on MSNBC during which they covered this story.

Seriously, cable news was heading downhill the last time I regularly watched it around 4 years ago, but is that what passes for journalism nowadays?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

As of right now we know (according to the news):

1.) No DNA evidence.

2.) There are pictures from the party that show the bruises from the alleged rape were there before the alleged rape should have occurred.

3.) There is video of her sitting in a bathroom painting her nails laughing her ass off from just after apparent rape took place.

What we have here is a Prosecutor who was so rabid to get these good ol boys that now he can't stop without looking foolish. When they get off I am sure he will wail about obstruction or some other crap. Dumbass.
          Last edited by Patroklos; November 2, 2007, 12:15.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

where are the sources you are getting from? Just a few days ago I was under the impression they had a serious case.

Comment

Well the prosacutor is up for reelection so other motives must be considered.

The other stripper stated that the other girl looked drugged out at one point shortly after looking alright, so they may be thinking a rape drug senario.

Other lawyers in the area thought that he was a pretty conservative prosecutor so if he's charging then there must be something there.

Time will tell.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I heard that the Reverend Jesse Jackson went to the town of Durham yesterday in connection with the case, which, to me at least, has practically removed all doubt as to whether there is any substance to these allegations.

Comment

Would visit by Al Sharpton remove that last shred of doubt?
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

apparently neither of the accussed were at the party at the time - one was photographed at an atm and the other was out eating somewhere.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

One of the players has a potential alibi. He was only in the house for 20 minutes, only 9 of those overlap with when the rape took place, and he made atleast 2 calls during the period as well.

Comment

I'm curious as to exactly what evidence the prosecutors DID have in this case. Did they have anything other then the word of the "victim"? Can someone with a mere accusation now cause anyone they want to be arrested and charged with a crime?
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                          I'm curious as to exactly what evidence the prosecutors DID have in this case. Did they have anything other then the word of the "victim"? Can someone with a mere accusation now cause anyone they want to be arrested and charged with a crime?
                          It's led to convictions even.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                            Can someone with a mere accusation now cause anyone they want to be arrested and charged with a crime?
                            its been this way for a while.

Comment

finnerty looks like a guy capable of assault.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

So now two of the guys have been charged with the rape, and -confirmed- DNA test results are still awaiting. Plus one of those charged has just been given community service for a spot of gay-bashing he indulged in a little while ago.

I still say there will be zero convictions...

Comment

Working...
                                X