No announcement yet.

Duke Lacrosse team rapes a woman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they will be found guilty. Duke is going to cut these guys loose because it's making them look absolutely horrible right now.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

"And we the people of the jury find them white boys totally innocent, that black whore got what she was asking for."

Comment

Though I don't honestly think race is an issue, any sports athlete that rapes/ murders/ whatever will usually get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
          "And we the people of the jury find them white boys totally innocent, that black whore got what she was asking for."
          Not likely. The jury will be composed of Durham townies, and the relationship between students and townies has been strained for a long time (decades). Furthermore, it's likely that at least half of the jurors will be black.
          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Terrible thread title. Not very relevant to the topic, I know, but it's an eye-sore. It's like it's coming from someone who would say "What!? You mean women can fall victim to rape now?"

Like the team used to only take advantage of little boys, or goats.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnC

Not likely. The jury will be composed of Durham townies, and the relationship between students and townies has been strained for a long time (decades). Furthermore, it's likely that at least half of the jurors will be black.
              uh change of venue

also, I don't want anyone prying around my email looking for references to sexual satisfaction or spandex or strippers or whatever.

talk about an invasion of privacy , no college or institution has a right to act on that crap, or suspend anyone, or anything whatsoever.

innocent until proven guilty I believe in that crap, at least

Comment

I thought Duke Lacrosse was a man, I didnt know that sport.
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Wiggy, one of the people who received the email notified the police about it as perhaps germaine to the case. That got them a warrant.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

In sexual harrasment/assult/etc matters, schools are legally allowed to suspend and expel students without a trial to prove they are guilty. They just need some evidence. That evidence can be as little as just some witness testimony.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      also, I don't want anyone prying around my email looking for references to sexual satisfaction or spandex or strippers or whatever.

talk about an invasion of privacy , no college or institution has a right to act on that crap, or suspend anyone, or anything whatsoever.

innocent until proven guilty I believe in that crap, at least
                      You also believe that the police (not the college) should take no steps towards proving the guilt of these people, such as examining their computers for evidence?

Comment

wiglaf doesnt believe some good ole white boys would taint themselves with ****** *****. at least thats how i imagine how wiglaf says it in his own head.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Obviously the white collegiats are guilty, because all white collegiate men are evil. No need to acutal examine the evidence in a manor every other crime is.

It is like you guys are cheering for her to have been actually raped so you can revel in the fall of another white dude. I am not sure which is worse.

Pathetic.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

In my case, it doesn't matter if they are innocent or not, they'll be found not guilty either way. I want justice to be done, but it is so rare with rape cases I'm extremely cynical about it.

I don't know why these guys don't just get charged with assault in the first place, they're clearly guilty of THAT, even if they can't prove she said "no". (Edit: Fortunately, despite my lack of knowing whether or not, it would seem they are. Darn tootin')
                            Last edited by Gibsie; April 8, 2006, 14:49.

Comment

They are getting charged with assault....and the other team members not charged with rape will get obstruction of justice charges.

I don't think this is one of those white boys getting off cases because Duke University has already completely distanced themselves from the team.

Comment

Yes Gibsie you are too cynical. It's annoying.

And you are wrong as well. They will be found guilty.

Comment

Working...
                                X