No announcement yet.

Stupid puns to kill the boredom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there was a young priest who'd been scheduled to give the Easter Vespers at the local cathederal; a big honor, indeed, for someone so young. Naturally, he was nervous. Unfortunately, it seemed as if a few angry orthodox Jews were planning on protesting during that service, largely on account of Pope Benedict's past.

Worried, the young priest went to his pastor, who smiled a grandfatherly smile, and said that everything would turn out all right; that he'd take care of it. Days went by, and the priest got progressively more and more anxious, as nothing seemed to be done.

Finally, day of the service, the young priest saw his pastor again, in the audience. Nervously, he asked him again on what to do; the paster smiled, told him to worry about the Vespers, and he'd take care of the rest.

The priest started; it was quiet and uneventful at the start; the protestors had blended into the crowd seamlessly. All of a sudden, he heard the pastors voice: "Now! The Lights!" The lights went on, and a flurry of motion could be seen as the Jewish protesters ran out the sanctuary towards the exits.

Later, the young priest asked how the pastor knew it would solve the situation. The pastor laughed, and confided,
    "Son, I always use the lit Mass test for Hasidic solutions."
    B♭3

Comment

Why do anarchists drink only herbal tea?

lol because proper tea is theft LOL
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

There's a bakery here in Austria called "Kotzbeck" (kotzen=vomit)...
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for three weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for The loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce.

The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan
          An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there. Three weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $18.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very well, but we are a little puzzled.
          While you were away We checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why you would bother to borrow $5,000?"

The blonde replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for three weeks for only $18.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"

You go girl!
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

After Quasimodo's death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed. The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into belfry to begin the screening process. After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day - when an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer's job. The bishop was incredulous.

"You have no arms!"

"No matter." said the man, "Observe!" And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the carillon. The bishop listened in astonishment, convinced he had finally found a suitable replacement for Quasimodo. But suddenly, rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in street below. The stunned bishop rushed to his side. When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moments before. As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked, "Bishop, who was this man?" "I don't know his name," the bishop sadly replied, "but his face rings a bell."

{WAIT! Not through yet!}

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the bishop continued his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame. The first man to approach him said, "Your Excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honor life by allowing me to replace him in this duty." The bishop agreed to the man an audition, and, as the armless man's brother stooped to pick mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest and on the spot.

Two monks, hearing the bishop's cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side. "What has happened? Who is this man?" first monk asked breathlessly. "I don't know his name," sighed the distraught bishop,

{WAIT! WAIT! Not through yet}

"but he's a dead ringer for his brother."
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              My daughter's doc is named Dr. Fix. I giggle everytime I hear that.
              My dentist is called 'Caris'

Edit: ok, why does my text show up in pink?
              Last edited by alva; April 1, 2006, 20:10.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So, two deuterium atoms are walking down the street. The first one stops and goes "Damn, I lost an Electron!" The second goes,"Are you sure?" And the first responds: "I'm positive!"
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

My Dentist Is Called 'Caris'

Edit: Ok, Why Does My Text Show Up In Pink?
                  Haha! You're gay!!!

If I was in charge of Poly OT... Everyday would be Fewls DAY!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alva

My dentist is called 'Caris'

Edit: ok, why does my text show up in pink?
                    I believe it is due to the supernatural influence of teh OTBOT.

Comment

anyone who says Caris?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

OTBOT rating
                        please show some mercy, use proper english

Doesn't it know that "teh" shows reverence?

Comment

What does OTBOT mean?
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

OT bot. OT as in Off Topic.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                              What does OTBOT mean?
                              OTBOT : "dont use my name in vain"

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                                OT bot. OT as in Off Topic.
                                I understood the off topic what's the bot?

Comment

Working...
                                X