Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the US substantially "freer" than most of Western Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously that country was founded a sanctuary of freedom when Europe was still full of absolute monarchies and the like, Britain being the sole exception (Poland died quickly and so did the revolution in France). Until today Americans seem to understand their own country as the freest place on Earth.
    Two days ago I watched that old movie 'Patriot' with Mel Gibson and Keat Ledger (or how was he) and I was like 'how ironic, once they thought of Britain samely as now quite a lot people think of US'..
    Last edited by binTravkin; March 7, 2006, 07:35.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
      Speaking about liberties, we don't have a speed limit on the Autobahn
      WHOOOOOOOSH!!!!
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Wait, we're talking about liberties not quality of life here, or am I mistaken?

Umm, maybe you're saying there are no areas in US, where roads are poor and people are relatively poor aswell?

spiff and dis where talking about immigration

and yeah, there are poor areas in america too, but nearly all immigrants move to the cities and not to the poor countryside.
        many of those immigrants to america come from areas like la haute savoie.
        so when spiff says that he knows some who have gone back because of quality of life issues, i disagree with the quality of life part, in general, since people leaving a europe where there is less social mobility usually come from the lower classes.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
          Speaking about liberties, we don't have a speed limit on the Autobahn
          Deutschland uber alles
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

• No speed limit on the Autobahn!? What nonsense! It should of course be played no faster than 33 rpm.

Comment

• Kraftwerk
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
              X