Where is Asher's Mac Attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    Now that Apple has completely demolished all the other digital audio player companies (including lame old Creative) and has marginalized all the other download services, this one ought to be a no-brainer.
    I'm glad you're entirely in support of having one company so thoroughly in charge of digital media distribution. Y'know, almost a monopoly. Making it easy for what you see and what you hear. Y'know, like a MacMiniTruth.

Much less threatening than a single, standardized OS like Windows which doesn't control information or knowledge dissemination.

Perceived choice is so much nicer than actual choice. Choosing which movies you get to watch is so much more rewarding than, say, taking the time and effort to shop around and get decent software and media players.

Oh, just ignore these rants. I forget--Apple. It just works!
    B♭3

Comment

I'm not really sure how monopolizing the business of letting people play their illegal music tracks is a threat to anything.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Illegal music downloads aren't what Apple has a stranglehold on. Legal music/media downloads on the other hand...
        B♭3

Comment

Most things played on iPods are plenty illegal, if my experience is anything to go by.

I don't really see how monopolizing legal downloads is a probelm either.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Of course monopolizing legal downloads isn't a problem. Monopoly is just a frikkin' game, isn't it?
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

That's because you don't know sh*t about real computer science.
              You are quite rigth, why should I know of what I work with on daily basis ?

I consider people like John Carmack to be scientists, for instance. He doesn't have any kind of degree. But he's researched and developed lots of groundbreaking technology realtime 3D graphics use today.
              You are quite rigth - a degree isn't a prerequisite for being called a scientist, but studying at a uni certainly isn't reason enough to call one self a scientist

You don't need to be a guy wearing a lab coat and on a university payroll to be a scientist.
              When I combine Asher and scientist I get something like this :
              Attached Files
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

At least scientists occasionally bathe. Sartre, by many accounts, almost never did.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                  You are quite rigth, why should I know of what I work with on daily basis ?

You are quite rigth - a degree isn't a prerequisite for being called a scientist, but studying at a uni certainly isn't reason enough to call one self a scientist
                  A proper scientist should know how to spell "right" to begin with.

And I follow the scientific method in a field of science, so I do not see how I could not be a scientist.

And please tell me what you do on a daily basis. From what I gather, you're barely qualified to run data input for a local Danish library.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A proper scientist should know how to spell "right" to begin with.

And I follow the scientific method in a field of science, so I do not see how I could not be a scientist.

And please tell me what you do on a daily basis. From what I gather, you're barely qualified to run data input for a local Danish library.

I really don't know how you are capable of making yourself look like an imbecile in the manner that you do. You are obviously a bright head, but it seems that you haven't yet figured out how to use it

A proper scientist would comment that there might be a typo, but wouldn't use it as an argument - your status as a scientist is really lowered considerable by that statement.

It seems that you are ready for a cookie since you at least use scientific methods in your work, though, do you really think that such behaviour make you a scientist ?

Since you several times have shown that you don't have a clue about libraries, then I don't dare to tell you about my work. I don't want to be the person sending you into a rubber cell.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's a typo if you do it once, if you do it twice in a row it's probably stupidity.

It seems that you are ready for a cookie since you at least use scientific methods in your work, though, do you really think that such behaviour make you a scientist ?
                      by definition.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's a typo if you do it once, if you do it twice in a row it's probably stupidity.
                        You are really funny and you really haven't a clue about what persons do. If you really had any knowledge about what a common user do, then you would know that they actually has a tendency to misspell certain words.

I excuse you in the current case since you obviosly is an amateur. Please return in approx five years.

by definition.
                        Of course you are rigth, by definition, you may call yourself a scientist, but I'm pretty sure that any real scientist would demand a change if they were supposed to be equalled with you.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Of course you are rigth

again: I am right, and you can't spell.

Comment

I think that Jack from Jack in the Box is a scientist because he studies real world things like making better burgers. He uses scientific methods like focus groups to taste test things. I saw it in that meat and cheese lover commercial.

I haven't posted here in a while, but I want to reitterate how much I hope that the inane ramblings in threads like this are posted out of boredom and not out of fanaticism. Unfortunately for some of you, I think the latter is true.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              I think that Jack from Jack in the Box is a scientist because he studies real world things like making better burgers. He uses scientific methods like focus groups to taste test things. I saw it in that meat and cheese lover commercial.

I haven't posted here in a while, but I want to reitterate how much I hope that the inane ramblings in threads like this are posted out of boredom and not out of fanaticism. Unfortunately for some of you, I think the latter is true.
                              What a dumb post.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course you are rigth

again: I am right, and you can't spell.
                                Of course you aren't right in any way, but I suppose that that fact was way above your comprehency level - I guess that irony isn't a canadian treat.

Just out of curiosity - how good are you at spelling in your second language and what is this second language ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X