Church + Girlfriend problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I agree with Oerdin's plan too

Religion makes a huge difference in relationships, so Snoop, glad you are confronting this now. If you didn't, it would get much worse later.

On top of that any girl who likes violence is trouble and stay as far away as possible, that's a psychological problem and that wacko church certainly isn't helping matters.

Sorry bout your situation Snoop, on the bright side when you're out now you can start staring at other girls and see what's out there lol
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py: If she dumps me however, I will have no where to live.
      Uhmm . . . your girlfriend attends a Charismatic, Bible-believing church - yet she lives with a guy that she's not married to?

That does not compute.
      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Its what we in the biz call "Love"
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Living in Sin
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm curious about this because most Charismatic churches will confront/censure members who are "living in sin".
            ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

She's very, very sneaky.

Maybe since they are engaged, they get a waiver?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I am surprised that they have those kind of churches in Singapore.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  Religion makes a huge difference in relationships, so Snoop, glad you are confronting this now. If you didn't, it would get much worse later.
                  so the seven years he's pissed away with this girl are 'whoops, i goofed up hyurr hyurr hyurr?' funk that noise. that makes the two years of hell surrounding my tour of duty in texas seem like a walk in the park. this should have ended sooner, by about five years. if it's an issue for you now, sn00p, it was likely an issue for you then as well.

a very good freind of mine once told me that if you don't do things for yourself, then nobody else will either. issue an ultimatum, following oerdin's advice and your backup plan.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

Last week I asked her why people in church constantly make the same dumbass joke: "yeah, I used to swing on tree's, hahaha" I told her I find it annoying and I started telling her of the discovery of Lucy's bones indicating a human/ape combination, she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, I decided to show her on the internet to prove it, she appeared dumbfounded and did not know what to say.

She shrugged it off.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Doesn't it suck to fall in love with an idiot?

I did it twice. Maybe I'm the bigger idiot...but at least I was able to suck up my pride, emotion, and affection and break it off when I realized there was no where else to go.
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by AnnC

Uhmm . . . your girlfriend attends a Charismatic, Bible-believing church - yet she lives with a guy that she's not married to?

That does not compute.
                        She doesn't like it either, but our situation is difficult.

I come from New Zealand, I moved over here to be with my gf (long distance relationship). Since I do not have a job, and its damn hard for a foreigner to get one in Singapore, I had little choice but to move in with Michelle's (her parents house; its a really big house).

Now that I have a stable job, maybe I should start thinking about moving out and living my own life, this might make things much easier for the both of us.

If I suddenly stop attending church, it's a huge change, something that will shock her too much.
                        be free

Comment

• Sn00py, think of the children.

Really though...think, you might have children with this woman. Do you want your children raised in this religion, because they most certainly WILL be?

Comment

• Ok I get it now, Sn00py. You're living in her family's house as a guest of her parents - that's how the church would see it.
                            ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

• Well, if he's having sex with her, the church is WRONG.

And I hope that after this long a time, he IS having sex with her.

Comment

• I think you're over-hyping sex.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X