How much time a day do you pray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time a day do you pray?

I just heard a stat said in church, of church members. And was wondering about the Civ playing society as a whole .

I pray probably in total less then an hour a week. But then I do favor short prayers over long ones (most my prayers are less then a minute, and almost never are any over 2 minuets).

Jon Miller
    0 Not religious or spiritual
    68.89%
    0 Not religious, but spiritual
    11.11%
    0 Religious
    2.22%
    less than .3 minutes
    4.44%
    less than 1 minute
    1.11%
    ~1 minute
    1.11%
    ~2 minutes
    0.00%
    ~3 minutes
    0.00%
    ~4 minutes
    0.00%
    ~5 minutes
    1.11%
    ~6 minutes
    2.22%
    ~7 minutes
    0.00%
    ~8 minutes
    0.00%
    ~9 minutes
    0.00%
    ~10 minutes
    1.11%
    ~10-20 minutes
    2.22%
    ~20-30 minutes
    2.22%
    ~30-40 minutes
    0.00%
    ~40-50 minutes
    0.00%
    ~50-60 minutes
    0.00%
    ~1-2 hours
    0.00%
    ~2-3 hours
    0.00%
    ~3-4 hours
    0.00%
    ~4+ hours
    2.22%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The stat was the church members spend ~1 minute a day in prayer, and pastors ~5 minutes.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

0 minutes.

I'm neither religious nor spiritual.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

0 minutes total for all of my life.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'd understand if you posted this in CivFanatics, where there actually are some religious people, but why are you bothering posting this in Apolyton!?
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Does masturbating count as a postmodern Hail Mary?
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

If people spent less time praying and more time masturbating we would have less of a problem with overpopulation.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

You don't get extra points for rambling. The Man is busy. Be succinct.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I say my good night prayer every night. So I would say 1 minute.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I see we have a bunch of heathens amongst us!

But then again ... I too am a part of the "Heathenhood" (voted: 0 Not religious or spiritual).

Heck, I'm gay - what did you expect?!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I didn't expect you to be gay. Then again, I look at your sig and it's pretty clear to me. Even the police is gay in SF, and I have proof, the leather outfit for the motorcycle cops were TOTALLY uncalled for.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                          Does masturbating count as a postmodern Hail Mary?
                          What frequency did you put down for the poll?
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Ahh, I am not a practising Muslim, so I guess about 1 minute, random prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by moustafa
                              Ahh, I am not a practising Muslim, so I guess about 1 minute, random prayers.
                              I like your sig line. I don't hear many Muslim (or Persian) love poems. I believe the author died around 1388AD.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X