Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Oerdin needs date advice (Scandinavians needed).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, don't listen to Aggies stupid advice about letting her do the talking - unless of course you are going to ask for details about pekkas shaman activities

She's probably right when she says that she isn't a dancer, but women can do some tricks with their hips and that also goes for samian women
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thought it was simian?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well Agathan is right but I see nothing wrong with putting in a bit of an effort in learning some of her background and being honest about it. It've worked for me - she was flattered that I'd take time to get to know her hertiage and such.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

yeah. You can also put some effort into what she's into outside her race and stuff, like buy some binoculars and establish a good intelligence gathering position under her window.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

OK, so I meet this really great chick online who is from northern Sweden (She's half Swedish and half Saami/Lapp) and I want to wow her with my incredible knowledge of Swedes and Saamis, or at least prove I am not a typical ignorant American, but the problem is... I know nothing about Saamis and little about Swedish way of life other then the stereo types. I guess I am the typical ignorant American.
            Learn All About Sweden, Fast

(1) Have you ever been in an IKEA?
            (2) Relate all your Swede interactions to that experience. Remember, Sweden is like a big IKEA.
            (3) Supposedly they have good meatballs.
            (4) The Swedish Paradox: Sweden, a cold snowy wasteland, is home to the world's hottest, skimpiest clothed womens volleyball teams.
            (5) Today, Sweden is perhaps the world's most successful "nanny state". But one thousand years ago, they were all either Viking berserkers (guys so badass that they conquered nations while having epileptic seizures) or Norse gods (the only gods of any religion that can be portrayed rocking out on electric guitar without being blasphemous.) So don't piss a Swede off. You could revive repressed, centuries-old anger.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Your first date should be watching Olympic hockey, Sweden against Finland, and root for Finland as they SAVAGELY sodomize the Swedes.

Then laugh a lot too. Say 'they played Tre Kronor to the Kebab joint' in every good play too. Neither of you will get it, but that's OK.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Tell her reindeer herding is an obsolete practice reserved for evolutional leftovers that roam the frozen wastelands.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

So much hate
                  CSPA

Comment

This seems like as good a time as any to pass my vast knowledge of the Sami language on to a new generation:

Bures - Hi
                    Mun lean ... - My name is ...
                    Gos mun lean dan kartas? - Where am I on the map?
                    Javri - Lake
                    Johka - River
                    Varri - Mountain
                    Lavvo - Tent
                    Dabmut - Trout
                    Boazu - Reindeer
                    Olgoriikadepartemeanta - Ministry of Foreign Affairs
                    Gavpi - Liquor store
                    Rabasaigi - Opening hours

Learn this and you will get laid.
                    CSPA

Comment

Agathon gives great advice just ask her about it and show interest

Don't try and become a pro at her language or culture because the first thing she will say is, "okay when did you date a Swedish girl?" By being ignorant about it you make her feel more special by highlighting her uniqueness and being excited and enthusiastic about it.

Trust me for some reason I always date girls outside of my culture and it's better if you just ask them about it then try and be an expert and impress them. They will find it cute trust me.

Though you can drop a phrase every once in a while and she'll laugh at you, but don't make it a habit unless it's something she has taught you.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

PS Oerdin dating a Swedish chick is like his dream come true

I think this one is the keeper

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN MRS. OERDIN HAS ARRIVED

But I hear she likes supply side economics and Secretery of Defense Donald Rumsfeld!!!
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oerdin, go with Agathons advice. No one likes a smart ass, especially the kind of superficial smartassness you get from Wikipedia. Also it make you look just a little bit too desperate and eager to please...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Ted, no man, it's a Lapp.. Saami people. That's no dream come true, except if that is a nightmare kind of dream. You just don't know these people, they are evil, uncivilized and child like but brutal. It doesn't matter she's a Swede, she's a Lapp and you know, they have their own group in the north that expands to nordic countries. She's mostly likely like 'no really I'm not a Swede, I'm Saami'.. Saami terrorists are like ETA.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Re: Re: HELP! Oerdin needs date advice (Scandinavians needed).

Originally posted by Agathon

Seriously Oerdin, you are a dumb****.

Don't learn anything about it at all. The last thing women want to hear is their male date droning on and on, especially about half-assed inaccurate bull**** that they got off Wikipedia.

Play it smart. Ask her about it. That means she does the talking and you get to listen. Women love men who actually listen to them rather than blowhards who spend the whole time talking.

You have something you can get her to talk about. Don't throw that away.
                              You might be a moron in almost every respect, but when you post about women, you know what you're talking about.

IIRC you knew what you were talking about in some other thread too.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

A hint for you, Oerdin:
                                Do not insist of paying for her on your date. That will just make her think you are some backwards sexist who wants 'something' in return for the money (which is true of course, but still...). If she wants to pay for herself, let her pay and you will earn bonus points for being a gentleman who accepts her independence
                                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X