Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, about groups who claim 'this country is ours'... What is so difficult in kicking them out of the country? I mean, if you identify them, send snatch teams and get them the fudge out. National security demands action for this kind of attitude. It can not become acceptable idea of touting and being a PUNK. Send a van with masked cops carrying them youth teachers, batons, and throw them out.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• But I do like the idea of world war that started from cartoons. That's a war worth fighting for
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
        Tearing down Churches

Using them as Libraries
        People hanging out in libraries to play games on the internet

Hanging out in synagogue to use the shul library

Worshiping the internet

Ted Striker
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• shul?
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Where's the 'Poly Muslims, BTW? Shouldn't Imran be defending the Al-Aqsa Brigades' constitutional right to limit freedom of speech in foreign countries?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Martial law, and shoot them. And threaten to shoot any danish rioters as well, to make things about even.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Would the mods allow the cartoons to be posted at Apolyton?
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                  a publicly funded Islamic culture center has also been suggested.
                  We have a publicly-funded Arabic culture center in aris (Institut du Monde Arabe), which acts as a museum and as a promoter of Arabic culture. The current exposition is about the golden age of Arabic sciences. It is a very popular museum, even among non-Arabs.

I don't know if the Danish liberals have something like that in mind, or if they call for something strictly confessional and preachy. But the French option, in this case, is a success.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Talking about Al-Aqsa. They abducted a german earlier today. He was either released or freed by palestinesian police - wich is true is unclear. According to danish radio they released him because they foud out he was german, not danish. They are apparantly not aware that german newspapers also has published the drawings.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

We have a publicly-funded Arabic culture center in aris (Institut du Monde Arabe), which acts as a museum and as a promoter of Arabic culture. The current exposition is about the golden age of Arabic sciences. It is a very popular museum, even among non-Arabs.

I don't know if the Danish liberals have something like that in mind, or if they call for something strictly confessional and preachy. But the French option, in this case, is a success.
                      Yes, but in my opinion you don't reward a religion which calls for boycott, punishments and things that are worse against you by donating a culture center. Or anything else for that matter. We're not that stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                        In related news, Parliament today decided to double the Danish troop contingent in Afghanistan, adding another 200 troops to the 160 already stationed there.

But the government majority, as well as the two largest opposition parties, refused to let the controversy influence its decision. "We will not halt our efforts of support for Afghanistan over an arbitrary matter", said Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned their publication, saying it was "an affront... for hundreds of millions of people".

linky

From the same article:
                        In Jordan, an independent tabloid, al-Shihan, reprinted three of the cartoons on Thursday, saying people should know what they were protesting about.

In a separate article, the newspaper's editor, Jihad Momani, urged the world's Muslims to "be reasonable" in their response to the drawings.

The paper's publishers sacked him hours later over the "shock" he had caused, Jordan's official Petra news agency reported.

Oh, the irony
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• @germanos. Can't findit , but according to local news, the newspaper, while publishing the drawings, asked what was most damaging for islam - these pics or people beheading hostages in the name of islam.

If it's the same, then I consider Jihad Momani a pretty corageuos person.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Me too.
                            The irony is in his name

edit: and offcourse in the support of Denmark for Karzai.
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                              Me too.
                              The irony is in his name

edit: and offcourse in the support of Denmark for Karzai.
                              Hrmpf - he might actually be living up to his name in an honorable way. Hope he survives.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
                                I think that as an act of good will and reconcilliation, Denmark should add a little crescent to its blatantly Christian flag. Nothing big, just a little one in the corner to help smooth the differences. What do you think?
                                perhaps it would be more effective to embroider the recent front page "picture" from Le Monde on the flag instead. I understand muslims have a fondness for embroidered text on their flags.

Comment

Working...
                                X