Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we stick to the subject. There is such a feature as starting a new thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
      This seems to be generating more trouble than the French headscarf ban, which was surely more of a affront to Muslims...
      Have there been hostages taken over the cartoons already?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston

Could we stick to the subject. There is such a feature as starting a new thread.
        Let's see...
        What?

Comment

• Danish newspapers

Religious *******s
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Allah rules.

In Europe at least
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Yeah. It's exactly the same. YOUR TEH WINNER

that's right.

That's right. And your chicks want some of that.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• No-one ever threatened violence against Channel 4 when Father Ted was shown, not even good Catholic boys like me. I just laughed even harder.

Freedom of Expression
                Islamic Censorship
                Father Ted
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Girls feck drink!
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• I don't see why we should appease Islam in anyway more than other religions. There's cartoons making fun of christianity or other religions (i remember a simpsons episode poking fun at hindus), if they can't deal then they can **** off really.

Limiting our freedoms because some backward inbreds feel it offends their beliefs should never be a consideration. If they don't want to live in a society like ours they can move to somewhere more accommodating their beliefs. As long as they are in our countries they have an obligation to respect our culture first and foremost, especially on such essentials as freedom of speech, freedom of press and other things we see as undenyable human rights.

I know this seems remarkably rightwing, and that i do not typically write like this, but religion is one of those topics that really gets up my nose. I realise that western europe had similar sentiments in the Middle Ages and during the Reformation as the fundamentalist muslims have now, but we have outgrown it (and in Europe at least for a large part the need for religion in general). If they want to keep their archaic belief system in our countries then they should expect to be ridiculed and take it without complaint. If they can't deal, I hear Saudi Arabia is nice this time of year.

Comment

• And what about southpark with its constant Jesus thing, some of it is offensive to sensitive Christians. Or what about mormons? THat one episode about mormons was just bashing from the first second to the last, and nothing else in between. Did people protest? I'm SURE they got some feedback, but that's it. The proper counter measure makes all the difference.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• I don't see why we should appease Islam in anyway more than other religions. There's cartoons making fun of christianity or other religions (i remember a simpsons episode poking fun at hindus), if they can't deal then they can **** off really.

Limiting our freedoms because some backward inbreds feel it offends their beliefs should never be a consideration. If they don't want to live in a society like ours they can move to somewhere more accommodating their beliefs. As long as they are in our countries they have an obligation to respect our culture first and foremost, especially on such essentials as freedom of speech, freedom of press and other things we see as undenyable human rights.

I know this seems remarkably rightwing, and that i do not typically write like this, but religion is one of those topics that really gets up my nose. I realise that western europe had similar sentiments in the Middle Ages and during the Reformation as the fundamentalist muslims have now, but we have outgrown it (and in Europe at least for a large part the need for religion in general). If they want to keep their archaic belief system in our countries then they should expect to be ridiculed and take it without complaint. If they can't deal, I hear Saudi Arabia is nice this time of year.

que. eff. ****ing tee.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                          I don't see why we should appease Islam in anyway more than other religions.
                          Well, if you want to sell stuff to them, you do it on their terms.

Comment

• Jyllands-Posten wasn't trying to sell anything to Muslims.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I read on another place that a Jordanian paper has printed at least some of the cartoons as well? Has anybody a link to this?
                              Blah

Comment

• Well apparently the Jordanian papers name is al-Shihan.
                                "The Parthians are dead, the Britons conquered; Romans, play on!"
                                Gamingboard, Rome 3. Cent. AD

Comment

Working...
                                X