I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Now, see, I like lotm. Even when he's not on my side and taking some shots.

He's got personality and wit.

See that, Rich?
    Thank you.

However,
    I had personality and wit when i was 22. I didnt have nearly the judgement I have now.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
      calling University of Calgary UofC, without qualification, would be like Dinodoc saying hes at Oxford.
      We've already been over this.

UofC refers to the University of Calgary more often than University of Chicago.

On Google, searches for:

UofC chicago: 39,900 results.

UofC calgary: 285,000 results

And if you search for "UofC", the first results are all University of Calgary. In fact, Google even has a "related" search where it says "See results for: university of calgary".
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

We've already been over this.

UofC refers to the University of Calgary more often than University of Chicago.

On Google, searches for:

UofC chicago: 39,900 results.

UofC calgary: 285,000 results

And if you search for "UofC", the first results are all University of Calgary. In fact, Google even has a "related" search where it says "See results for: university of calgary".
        a most eloquent demonstration of the limitations of google as an indicator of usage.

Thank you for this contribution to human knowledge.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• The UofC actually officially calls itself the "UofC" regularly. I don't think the "UofC" is an official name for the University of Chicago.

Do you understand how the google search rankings work? It's a perfect application for determining what "UofC" is most associated with online. And it's hugely in favor of the University of Calgary.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• As che said earlier, drinking beer with Asher could be a interesting experience Or not... Alcohol and these kinds of heated debates are a severly volatile combination
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• What makes me laugh is how whenever there is an argument in a forum like this people start referring to themselves as 'we'.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• What?

Comment

• Damnit Rich, you're not the smartest knife in the drawer. We can see what you're trying to do.
                  We saw your attempts to pretend you knew something about it and you just made an utter arse of yourself...

Comment

• It could be, that there is no right way to act, and each person is different. . but it's fun watching the arguments.

don't know why I'm posting this, as no one pays attention to my posts. .

Comment

• I read your posts, dissident. I think you're one of the more unique posters on the site.

Comment

• You both refer to yourself in the plural - giving the impression that there is a vast number of people agreeing with you. Classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                          You both refer to yourself in the plural - giving the impression that there is a vast number of people agreeing with you. Classic.
                          It's an age-old debate tactic.

Comment

I read your posts, dissident. I think you're one of the more unique posters on the site.
                            He's...special. Don't you feel special Dis?

Comment

The UofC actually officially calls itself the "UofC" regularly. I don't think the "UofC" is an official name for the University of Chicago.

my memory is that it was routinely called U of C. Not sure if it appeared so in official university documents.

Do you understand how the google search rankings work?

Something about whats searched for the most, etc. A state (pardon, province) University could get lots of hits of people looking for application info, tomorrows parking schedule, etc. U of C isnt all that big, and maybe (probably) backward about doing its business online.

Where I am now is neither Chicago or Calgary. If you asked the random educated person what U of C stood for, i think youd get Chicago far more than Calgary. If you think thats south of the 49th parallel bias, I think if you did the same test in Montreal or Toronto youd probably get almost as many responses for Chicago as Calgary.

It's a perfect application for determining what "UofC" is most associated with online. And it's hugely in favor of the University of Calgary.

Comment

The UofC actually officially calls itself the "UofC" regularly. I don't think the "UofC" is an official name for the University of Chicago.

Do you understand how the google search rankings work? It's a perfect application for determining what "UofC" is most associated with online. And it's hugely in favor of the University of Calgary.
                                notice you get different results if you type u of c instead of UofC. I think this has more to do with how the universities label their websites.

for fun, google UofC intellectual. The Calgary reference all seem to be official University sites, mainly references to intellectual property. The Chicago references are people writing in blogs, message boards, etc - IE unofficial sites - and theyre simply referring the university.

If you look at actual usage in places where ordinary people are chatting about universities, rather than official websites, id say chicago wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X