No announcement yet.

I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Is anyone else out there like this?

I don't seem to like people very much, they annoy me, in their traditional ways or 'we do it just for the sake of doing it' moments.

I don't like to be in a crowd of more than 3 people, I tend to either walk away or stand back outside the circle and I will never talk, unless spoken to, but because I don't like 'small talk' I usually put an end to the conversation in less than 1 minute; by using small words.

It's chinese new year, and all friends and relatives meet up, ( a lot like xmas), and I am expected to shake every single person's hand and say "happy new year". Now, I don't have a major problem with this, but I do find it to be one of those "do it just for the sake of doing it" moments. And I hate those the most.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely considerate and giving, but from a distance. I don't like to get in people's way or make a fool of myself.

My girlfriend believes there is something wrong with me. but she is a female, and I would expect that from her, what do you think?
    be free

Re: I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Originally posted by Sn00py
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't seem to like people very much, they annoy me, in their traditional ways or 'we do it just for the sake of doing it' moments.

I don't like to be in a crowd of more than 3 people, I tend to either walk away or stand back outside the circle and I will never talk, unless spoken to, but because I don't like 'small talk' I usually put an end to the conversation in less than 1 minute; by using small words.

It's chinese new year, and all friends and relatives meet up, ( a lot like xmas), and I am expected to shake every single person's hand and say "happy new year". Now, I don't have a major problem with this, but I do find it to be one of those "do it just for the sake of doing it" moments. And I hate those the most.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely considerate and giving, but from a distance. I don't like to get in people's way or make a fool of myself.

My girlfriend believes there is something wrong with me. but she is a female, and I would expect that from her, what do you think?

Now I don't hate all people... just stupid people... which happens to be MOST people.

I'm very social when I'm comfortable with the people around me. For the most part, I just can't stand people. When I'm around people I can't stand, I don't want to be social. When I'm around people I like, I'm social.

Sounds pretty logical. But there are very few people I can stand. I tend to let people talk because I analyze them as they talk. I pay attention to their mannerisms, their use of language, how intelligent they come across as, etc. If they begin to annoy me, I pretty much lose interest in them and I walk away.

It's very hard for me to be social when I'm around people that annoy me. That's why I don't seek out social situations with new people. I prefer smaller social situations so I can get to know people one on one, if possible. Larger social situations are acceptable to me if I'm with a group of people I approve of.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Re: I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Originally posted by Sava
        For the most part, I just can't stand people. When I'm around people I can't stand, I don't want to be social. When I'm around people I like, I'm social.
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

you bunch of jerks. I can get along with most people, and don't get frustrated even if people sometimes talk about stuff that I am not very interested in. As long as they're not offensive to me, or blatantly offensive in general, I have nothing against them.

tend to let people talk because I analyze them as they talk. I pay attention to their mannerisms, their use of language, how intelligent they come across as, etc.

My god, how on earth can you stay on poly? how on earth do you expect people to treat you, if they judged you with the same standard?
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sn00py's post describes me fairly well - though to some extent, it's general enough to be at least partially true for a lot of people. I have met very few genuine socialites who like large groups of people - I think most prefer several people they know well to larger groups.

I don't think it's a bad thing, it just is. People are different and prefer different social encironments.
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

You're just a bunch of pathological jerks. Here's hoping you won't be contributing any genes to the next generation.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Man, we have a lot of anti-social people here...
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Man, we have a lot of anti-social people here...
                  This surprises you?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Depends. In the context of Apolyton it's perfectly sane behaviour.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Could be Asperger's Syndrome.

I think this particullary because of the "extremely giving and considerate" comment. I say this because nearly all people with Asperger's (say they) feel that way but have trouble with expression/action because of the social (and other) difficulties. And you're insanely good at some things (like your civ mods), and that fits.

Wouldn't mean there's anything wrong with you, quite the contrary really.

Comment

That describes me pretty well also. People annoy me more and more the older I get. I´m turning into an grumpy old fart at the age of 36
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          This surprises you?
                          A bit, to be honest.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm very social. I love small talk and just plain old bull****in. I can talk about nothing for days. Kind of like I do here.

I suggest those who are antisocial should join Toastmasters to get a grip with yourself. Small talk is a key to making good impression, good impressions leads to networking, networking leads to success. IMO, if you aren't able to socialize with anyone successfully the problem is with you, and not them...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                              Could be Asperger's Syndrome.
                              Yep. Not much of a surprise that apolyton's full of social retards.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X