• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japher

oh yeah!@

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...Me&word2=Colon
    Let's see how I did, shall we...

Type 2 keywords and click on the 'Fight !' button. The winner is the one which gets best visibility on Google.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      Are you really so naive?

It's all true, and you know it.

Remind me again -- after you QUIT (that looks good on a resume, I'm sure) your PhD, how long did it take for you to land a job? What is the salary of said job?

Then we can compare our pissing contest about schools. Somehow I don't think you'd like it, though.
      Where the f**k is UofC. And you are comparing this little provincial college or whatever it is to Oxford...you're more deluded than I could ever have imagined...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        Where the f**k is UofC. And you are comparing this little provincial college or whatever it is to Oxford...you're more deluded than I could ever have imagined...
        Again, Rich, different schools are good at different things.

Oxford university, today, has a crap compsci/software engineering program. The UofC, meanwhile, was the first institution in Canada and 2nd in the world to actually have a "software engineering" discipline. The UofC is also the birthplace of technologies like Java (and inspired clones such as C#).

The UofC is regularly a finalist in the annual ACM Programming competition, and Oxford usually gets eliminated early.

As I said, Oxford is a respected and prestigious institution...but they don't have a very good compsci/software engineering program. This isn't a very difficult concept.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Let's see how I did, shall we...
          Dude, you kicked my asss

Type 2 keywords and click on the 'Fight !' button. The winner is the one which gets best visibility on Google.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
            Generally, I am with LC on this one. And most people IRL call me honest too. I am completely honest, but probably not brutal about it. And I think there is a difference. It's the same difference as is constructive criticism, and simply mockery and ridicule for the sake of ridicule.

I, too, prefer that people will be honest when speaking to me rather than they put on masks and fake a "polite" smile - however I don't think I have to choose between dealing with fake *******s/sycophants, and people who offer nothing more than disdain and contempt in their words.

Both of those kinds of people are *******s. You don't have to be one of them.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney
              this thread = entertainment.

Great thread!
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                It's probably because you're a normal person where politeness is something that comes naturally to you.

When it's something that requires active thought and causes genuine annoyance, it starts to get old after 22 years.

I'm polite to the extent that is required of me. But if I'm talking with somebody and I think they're being stupid, I'll tell them that. I'll let them know what's on my mind. If they can tell me I'm being stupid, good on them too.

People become so obsessed with being well-liked that if somebody says anything not positive ("I think you're being stupid") they leap on the defensive to try to correct that opinion. God forbid people think something badly of them...

Politeness is abused. It's fitting into social standards and that doesn't mean much of anything, except perhaps that they're a follower.
                not everyone can be as smart as you...

Comment

• I CAN be, but I choose not to be
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Where the f**k is UofC.
                    Chicago, Illinois. Its one of the greatest Universities in the world, and is definitely able to stand on its own with Oxford. Not sure what it has to do with Asher, though

The latest news about the University of Chicago and its students, faculty and alumni, presented through video, podcasts, and multimedia.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                      not everyone can be as smart as you...
                      I'm not the smartest person in the world -- there are people on this site I consider smarter than me.

I'm only 22 and I've got a lot to learn, but I'm not going to keep my mouth shut because I'm not as old as some people on the site. Even when they do refer to me as "kid" and "son" as a way to dismiss my opinions.

I call things as I see them. It gets me in trouble sometimes here, but it's nice to be brutally honest. Sometimes people need it.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I think Asher means University of Canada... since that is where he is from
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          Chicago, Illinois. Its one of the greatest Universities in the world, and is definitely able to stand on its own with Oxford. Not sure what it has to do with Asher, though

http://www-news.uchicago.edu/resources/nobel/
                          Now, see, I like lotm. Even when he's not on my side and taking some shots.

He's got personality and wit.

See that, Rich?

Comment

• PH has more personality than most lab rats I've ever "met"
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

PH has more personality than most lab rats I've ever "met"
                              There's a ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one.

Comment

I think Asher means University of Canada... since that is where he is from
                                calling University of Calgary UofC, without qualification, would be like Dinodoc saying hes at Oxford.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X