I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava

We're not talking about some online IQ test here.

I'm talking about intense testing over the course of months.

Despite this, I've always known I was a genius...

I would love to know if anyone believes this stuff. If you believe Sava, please post and say so.

Quite frankly, you come across as somebody in the 10th grade rather than a genius. I'm more inclined to think you are what you are: a guy in his early 20s who dropped out of university, a pot head, and lives with his parents.

As for what's bothering me -- what's bothering me is fake people. That's always bothered me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I would love to know if anyone believes this stuff. If you believe Sava, please post and say so.
      I could give you the names and numbers of 4 professionals involved in my care... 1 neuropsychiatrist... 1 clinical psychologist, 1 therapist, and my primary care physician... although I doubt they would share private medical information...

but if it will deflate your ego, I'll even scan a portion my psych evaluation

it holds the results of my Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Third Edition test

>99th % in the 4 categories

Verbal comprehension, perceptual organization, working memory (despite my coming off a 6 month marijuana binge ), and processing speed index

I'm holding it in my hands right now

basically, the psych eval is that I am a genius and that I was never challenged, never had any goals, I've given up, have no hope, and I'm stuck in a cycle of hopeless, depression, and that my MMPI-2 indicated I have recently thought about suicide (DUH)

there's more... obviously... but I'm not going to share that stuff
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The rolleyes smilie isn't big enough.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• well, okay then...

believe what you want

I'm not going to waste anymore time with you
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• 2 minutes to do that -- doesn't strike me as genius material.

Comment

• bah

I thought I had it on putfile already, but I had to logout and login and then it wasn't there and then it wasn't uploading and I had to go to photobucket and then I couldn't find it and AHHHHHHHH

dammit

I BLAME TEH INTERNETS
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                  I'll ascribe to Asher's view about politeness. It pretty much boils down to an acceptable form of deception.
                  The way I see it is it reflects how you view others.

If you feel you are superior to the people you meet, it is hard for you to be polite. IOW, it is hard to be nice to people whom you hold in disdain.

It is only deception if you are polite to those whom you hold in disdain or even contempt. I submit this is not the case most of the time.

In some ways this can be construed as an application of the Golden Rule: treat others the way you would like to be treated. It is hard to imagine anybody who doesn't to be treated nicely.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Not necessarily -- most smalltalk is considered polite, but for someone like myself it is mostly a nuisance. It doesn't have to do with the person as much as it is so pointless.

Similarly, when a girl asks you if she looks fat...well, we all know the right answer for that, too.

Being polite is presenting a front that they want to see. It is, by its nature, some form of deception unless you happen to say/be what they want to see, and at which point it's called being yourself...

Comment

• UR, I'm well aware what the function is of politeness and I'm sure Asher knows that as well. You are confusing being polite with being nice though. People can very well be nice to someone else without going through all the motions of politeness.

Now, take these examples of a conversation between 2 people who know each other, but aren't friends:

1. "Hi, how are you? Yeah, I'm fine too. Studies going well? Oh, that's nice. .... By the way, there's a problem I'm having, you wouldn't happen to be able to help me, would you?"

2. "Hey, could you help me with something?"

In this case, politeness is simply about "softening up", to make your counterpart more willing to help. The 2nd example is probably considered to be rude. However, does being straightforward about your intentions, rather than going through the pretensions you didn't came to talk to be helped, also mean you're feeling superior to the counterpart?
                      Last edited by Colonâ„¢; January 31, 2006, 07:16.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                        UR, I'm well aware what the function is of politeness and I'm sure Asher knows that as well. You are confusing being polite with being nice though. People can very well be nice to someone else without going through all the motions of politeness.

Now, take these examples of a conversation between 2 people who know each other, but aren't friends:

1. "Hi, how are you? Yeah, I'm fine too. Studies going well? Oh, that's nice. .... By the way, there's a problem I'm having, you wouldn't happen to be able to help me, would you?"

In this case, politeness is simply about "softening up", to make your counterpart more willing to help. The 2nd example is probably considered to be rude. However, does being straightforward about your intentions, rather than going through the pretensions you didn't came to talk to be helped, mean you're having more respect for the counterpart?
                        Alternatively, compare:

1. "Hello, could you please help me with something? I'm in a bind "

and

#1 is more polite, while being exactly as true. For the receiver, #1 carries more the impression that the guy actually needs help, and that he asks because he really needs it. #2 carries mildly the idea that the person considers the receiver as somebody whose only relevance is the help he can provide.

That, regardless of what are the true feelings of the person asking for help.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• For Japher:

MC 900 Foot Jesus - Killer Inside Me

you probably see me hanging around
                          im a very familliar face in this town
                          a day doesnt go by i dont meet
                          alot of my friends walking down the street
                          im never too busy to stop by the way
                          and i always have something pleasant to say
                          maybe some perceptive thoughts about the weather
                          or other ladies' news from wall street.
                          whenever i can stand around all day
                          making small talk
                          blocking the sidewalk
                          tying people up for hours at ease
                          one big town i can shoot in the breeze
                          when they start to squirm
                          i really get going
                          but only my half-face smile is showing
                          why cant they see what im trying to hide
                          im busting the gut
                          blabbing on the inside
                          sing this song when they say hello
                          i can see they think im a little bit slow
                          but after awhile with me in a daze
                          their eyes are covered in a doughnut glaze
                          i really start to cook when i see that look
                          i hit 'em with every cliche in the book
                          their knees whobble and they start to weave
                          its like they're begging for permission to leave
                          they think they're having a brush with stupidity
                          i dont laugh - even though its killing me
                          watching 'em wilt like day-old flowers
                          ticking off the minutes as they turn to hours
                          they're wondering how much more they can take
                          i give 'em a friendly smile and a handshake
                          we say goodbye very politely
                          now say hello to the killer inside me

Everyone has their doubts about my sanity
                          but nothing happens cause they feel sorry for me
                          i got the whole town under my thumb
                          all i gotta to do is keep acting dumb
                          oh that boy there, they say, wanna die
                          alittle on the slow side but wouldnt hurt a fly
                          and such a gentleman - oh yes i know
                          sure cant talk at you all though
                          i take my hat and pretend i dont hear
                          grinning like a half-wit from ear to ear
                          i can think of a thousand ways to say hello
                          so i start through 'em all goin' real slow
                          they listen hard and act like they care
                          how can they be so completely unaware
                          of the truth
                          the answer is always in hiding
                          so i introduce 'em to the killer inside me
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            I don't consider typing in correct English to be polite...I consider it to be conducive to communication.
                            That's because you're an idiot.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Spiffor: yes, #1 creates a better impression, even though the intentions remain unchanged. That's the point of politeness, isn't it?
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Originally posted by Asher
                                And what have you gotten out of it?

It's nice to be liked. It's a human need, like food, only less immediate.
                                True, but most of the time I just can´t be arsed. I have no patience for small talk and that social crap. If I don´t like people I don´t talk to them. I´ve always been somewhat of a loner, but the last few years it´s developed into somewhat of a social phobia. Sometimes that scares me, because I´ll probably die alone and no one will miss me all that much...
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X