So when do we invade Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by germanos
    and the US has the obligation to provide security and stability in Iraq.
    Not at all. Still their country. Can't have them doing nothing for themselves so we can take the blame.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
      Russia today said hands off of Iran.
      That would be alright with me if they were planning to handle the situation themselves.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• Israeli attack on Iranian sites:

countries had to offer their airspace. Syria would not. Iraq might

this would give Iran justicfication to take southern Iraq... the shiite section.

American attack on Iran, woudl be staged from Iraq, put a vise on the 150000 in Iraq, and they could very well be slaughtered, dozens per day for months, not to mention many airbases etc would become unstable and prone to attack.

The first signs of an attack on Iran would be the US withdrawing it's fleet from teh Persian gulf, or else they could face annihilation from the coast from odff shore crusie missiles, whcih Iran has been stocking up on.

Iran has 3 times the population, and an economy 12x as strong as Iraq had when GW 2 started. Iran is no joke, and Iran has been developing nukes since the mid-80's. Many believe Iran already has a dozen nuclear weapons.

So if you want to hop off of a transport for an amphibious assault on Iran, you won't see me saluting your sorry boots and rifle sticking in the sand. That's just caled evolution, where the stupid are killed off so the smart are left to procreate.
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Many believe Iran already has a dozen nuclear weapons.
          like who?
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• can't remember off the top of my head, but since I have spent hundreds of hours reading on the subject, I assure you, I did not make this up.

from what i remember reading, it is surmised many of the missing nuclear weapons from the former soviet 'stans ended up in Iranian hands.
            Pentagenesis for Civ III
            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• its like Indochina all over again
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                its like Indochina all over again
                Only from the US perspective. It won't be as bad on from the point of view of the inhabitants of the region unless the US were to re-adopt the tactics from Indochina that resulted in millions of civillian casualties.

If the military situation ever becomes uncomfotable enough for the US that such tactics began to seem tempting then it will be time to withdraw at once consequences be damned, since a withdrawl from unacceptable outcome will already have become inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeOmega
                  Israeli attack on Iranian sites:

countries had to offer their airspace. Syria would not. Iraq might

this would give Iran justicfication to take southern Iraq... the shiite section.

American attack on Iran, woudl be staged from Iraq, put a vise on the 150000 in Iraq, and they could very well be slaughtered, dozens per day for months, not to mention many airbases etc would become unstable and prone to attack.

The first signs of an attack on Iran would be the US withdrawing it's fleet from teh Persian gulf, or else they could face annihilation from the coast from odff shore crusie missiles, whcih Iran has been stocking up on.

Iran has 3 times the population, and an economy 12x as strong as Iraq had when GW 2 started. Iran is no joke, and Iran has been developing nukes since the mid-80's. Many believe Iran already has a dozen nuclear weapons.

So if you want to hop off of a transport for an amphibious assault on Iran, you won't see me saluting your sorry boots and rifle sticking in the sand. That's just caled evolution, where the stupid are killed off so the smart are left to procreate.
                  One boat carries 24 missile with 10 ea. warhead. What would Iran look like after 240 warheads hit.

Comment

One boat carries 24 missile with 10 ea. warhead. What would Iran look like after 240 warheads hit.
                    like a crime against humanity?

Comment

• The US has control over the airspace of Iraq. No ME government would allow IDF planes to overfly them en route to Iran, so Israel would have to violate the airspace of at least one neighbor to do so. Mosdt likely JOrdan and Iraq, since Jordan has no real defenses and the US would not stop Israel from flying over Iraq.

Saudi Arabian airspace is too well guarded, Going over Syria creates too many issues, and there would be little will to purposefully antagonizing Turkey.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney

like who?
                        That's new for me too.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                          The US has control over the airspace of Iraq. No ME government would allow IDF planes to overfly them en route to Iran, so Israel would have to violate the airspace of at least one neighbor to do so. Mosdt likely JOrdan and Iraq, since Jordan has no real defenses and the US would not stop Israel from flying over Iraq.

Saudi Arabian airspace is too well guarded, Going over Syria creates too many issues, and there would be little will to purposefully antagonizing Turkey.
                          But the last time, they did fly over Saudi just south of the Iraq border until it was time to head north to the rector.

Comment

But the last time, they did fly over Saudi just south of the Iraq border until it was time to head north to the rector.
                            That was before SA bought F-15's, AWACS, and Patriot Batteries from the US.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo
                              like a crime against humanity?
                              They're already there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                                That was before SA bought F-15's, AWACS, and Patriot Batteries from the US.
                                They're not necessarily top of the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X