Bin Laden speaks - New audiotape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO
    Iran refuses to turn over any AQ terrorist to any international body or to any other country.
    Again that is not true. They refused to turn them over to any western nation but they did agree to send them to their country of origin. More often then not that means Saudi Arabia or Yemen.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks Oerdin. I stand corrected. I was under the impression that they had not turned over any AQ prisoners. Do you have a link to where I could read more about this?
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
        PLATO:

You and I have apparently a diffrent feel with the term 'natural allies'.

In comparison to your anology of the US and USSR:
        At the start of WW2 it was clear both were on oposing sides. This can be best illustrated through the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

It was not after the Third Reich attacked the USSR that the sides grew closer together, and only after the US was dragged in through Japan´s attack that they became full allies.
        And the alliance didn´t last long, no sooner then the war was over their bitter fued re-emerged.

It would seem (from that anology) that the US could do better then creating a situation that these unlikely allies start getting a mutual enemy.
        ahh. I see what you mean. It is the threat of a common enemy hat would make them become allies naturally. Not the fact that they were natural allies due to common systems, beliefs, or goals. The situation you describe is what I mean of AQ and Iran. Sorry I was unclear.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
          Thanks Oerdin. I stand corrected. I was under the impression that they had not turned over any AQ prisoners. Do you have a link to where I could read more about this?
          Iran has been doing so since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            I do it all the time in Civ. Make truce for a few turns, build up more strength, take another city. Make truce for another few turns, build up more strength, take six cities. Make truce for another few turns, build up more strength, wipe out the last vestiges.

Truces mean nothing but a brief respite to build more weapons, regardless of the side that calls for it.
            Coming soon...."Civilization V: Political Decision Modeling System."
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I hope it works better then the AI.

Comment

"Osama, we'll stop hunting down and bombing you and yours in Northern Pakistan if you and yours agree to cease promoting hostilities anywhere outside of Northern Pakistan and break all contacts with terrorists, insurgents, rebels, dissidents, and, oh what the heck, everybody, outside of Northern Pakistan."

"OkeeDohkee. It's a done deal."
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                X