No announcement yet.

"It is imperative that respect for the rule of law be restored."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly does Gore have to back-pedal from that he said in the speech?

Oh, right, it was full of truth...
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

What did Murtha have to back pedal from or any of the other democrats that have criticized this administration? They tell the truth, then they get lambasted by the press and the administration's attack dogs and then they back pedal and apologize.
      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It wasn't bad luck. People made it happen, and they've gotten away ith it. I doubt anyone will ever pay for their fixing of the Florida election.
        Well, that's true. I meant that it was essentially luck that it was so close. If another couple of thousand people had made it to the polls, it would not have been so close, and Gore would have won.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Try looking into the Clinton wire tappings and the searching without a warrant of the CIA agent back in 99 I believe it was. You ask what he needed to back track on? I found it really amusing the way the NYT talked about how we needed the wire tappings without warrants under clinton, but under Bush it is a civil liberties tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by StarLightDeath
            I found it really amusing the way the NYT talked about how we needed the wire tappings without warrants under clinton
            cite an example please
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes please, I haven't been able to find the article you're mentioning.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Newsmax.com reports today’s news headlines, live news stream, news videos from Americans and global readers seeking the latest in current events, politics, U.S., world news, health, finance, and more.

They reference the article, I'm still trying to find the actual one. The CIA agent is a well known incident.

"One Of The Most Famous Examples Of Warrantless Searches In Recent Years Was The Investigation Of CIA Official Aldrich H. Ames, Who Ultimately Pleaded Guilty To Spying For The Former Soviet Union. That Case Was Largely Built Upon Secret Searches Of Ames' Home And Office In 1993, Conducted Without Federal Warrants." (Charles Hurt, "'Warrantless' Searches Not Unprecedented," The Washington Times, 12/22/05)
                Find the very latest PR and Journalism vacancies with Cision Jobs. Search and apply through hundreds of public relations and media vacancies today.

Comment

Al Gore the joke master

At least he is attempting to rehabilitate his boringness and now substitute rationale thought process ala Aggie style. bwahahaa!

He's such a kidder.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The Echelon Myth

Prominent right-wing bloggers – including Michelle Malkin, the Corner, Wizbang and Free Republic — are pushing the argument that President Bush’s warrantless domestic spying program isn’t news because the Clinton administration did the same thing.

The right-wing outlet NewsMax sums up the basic argument:

During the 1990’s under President Clinton, the National Security Agency monitored millions of private phone calls placed by U.S. citizens and citizens of other countries under a super secret program code-named Echelon…all of it done without a court order, let alone a catalyst like the 9/11 attacks.

That’s flatly false. The Clinton administration program, code-named Echelon, complied with FISA. Before any conversations of U.S. persons were targeted, a FISA warrant was obtained. CIA director George Tenet testified to this before Congress on 4/12/00:

I’m here today to discuss specific issues about and allegations regarding Signals Intelligence activities and the so-called Echelon Program of the National Security Agency…

There is a rigorous regime of checks and balances which we, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency and the FBI scrupulously adhere to whenever conversations of U.S. persons are involved, whether directly or indirectly. We do not collect against U.S. persons unless they are agents of a foreign power as that term is defined in the law. We do not target their conversations for collection in the United States unless a FISA warrant has been obtained from the FISA court by the Justice Department.

Meanwhile, the position of the Bush administration is that they can bypass the FISA court and every other court, even when they are monitoring the communications of U.S. persons. It is the difference between following the law and breaking it.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

pwned

(do people still use that?)
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

That's what you get for listening to Newsmax.

(and yes, pwned is the correct term here)
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by StarLightDeath
                          Fixing of the Florida election? It is a proven fact that if we had continued with your rigged system of counting chads then he still would have lost. Who is the party that has a guide on how to dispute elections? If Gore won then why did Bush win by a very large percentage here 4 years later?
                          You're forgetting about the large numbers of African-Americans who mysteriously appeared on computer roles as "felons" and therefore not qualified to vote, when they had never been convicted of anything. Conicidence or conspiracy?

Democrats are a god damn bunch of losers, and it's why they don't control anything anymore.
                          Except states like California and New York, which are finanically well off while the red states slide ever backwards into economic feudalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            To bad Bush's hurricane missed Florida
                            You mean Katrina? You dolt, it hit us a week before NOLA. My power was out two days cuz of Katrina. It made landfall in my neighborhood!--not just my city, my neighborhood!
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              You're forgetting about the large numbers of African-Americans who mysteriously appeared on computer roles as "felons" and therefore not qualified to vote, when they had never been convicted of anything. Conicidence or conspiracy?
                              Given that the state broke the law when it told the contractor to maximize the number of striken voters (as well as breaking the law by awarding it to that contractor in the first place, since their bid was 1.5 million over the competitors bid--who had been doing it for years for only $5K an election!!!). There are plenty of other irregularities, but they knew they broke the law.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

did it kill the stupid ppl?
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X