Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people in other forums, always so mean to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, how exactly are archers useless to defend cities?
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Or, alternatively, play defense and out-tech/build your opponent. I mean, if defense is so easy... As a SP player, incidently, it seems that MP play in all Civ games boils down to rushing/counter rushing anyway... how many MPers have any interest in a build-off?

For MP matters, DD, another source of info would be Fried-Psitalon.

Modding CivIV, so far as I can tell, isn't all that user-friendly in that there isn't an editor to hold your hand, but you can modify damned near anything via the XML files... I haven't messed w/that yet.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Or, alternatively, play defense and out-tech/build your opponent. I mean, if defense is so easy... As a SP player, incidently, it seems that MP play in all Civ games boils down to rushing/counter rushing anyway... how many MPers have any interest in a build-off?
        It's impossible to lose a city as long as you have units. Out-teching is just plain stupid. I can't believe you're even suggesting that because it's nearly impossible to out tech someone...the cap system makes sure of that. Also, you can't build what you can't protect so growth is almost impossible. It's just mass mass mass and hope you can find someone's just built city or get some seriously lucky RNG rolls. If you play on a larger map then instead of massing units you see who can mass the most population points and build the most wonders...like my game agianst krill and that will always come down to who has the best resources. It's just a totally ****ed up game, and you can only see it once you've played MP for a solid month seriously, or a few months casually. SP I'm sure it's an ok game because alot of the flaws won't show up like simul stack attacking and double moving. Who wants to waste time on SP though?

Comment

• Something must be very right about Civ 4 if power-players don't like it.

Go climb some other ladder.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
          X