X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    should be the start of a great era in Islanders hockey
    I don't see it happening...

Sutter seems like a bully of a coach. Don't see that working well with the older more talented Islanders lineup. Guys like Yashin and Satan will just ignore him
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      Apparently the Islanders are trying hard to get Brent Sutter as their coach.
      TSN's Bob MacKenzie thinks Sutter will be pursued as GM and Coach - so then he could just get rid of trouble players.

Comment

• I don't see this happening for six reasons:

1) His family is in Alberta
        2) His friends are in Alberta
        3) His ranch is in Alberta
        4) His son is 16-years old and moving his way up the hockey ranks, Brent is his coach...in Alberta
        5) He owns the Red Deer Rebels, in Alberta
        6) His brother is likely relinquishing coaching duties of the Flames at the end of this season, which means if he got that coaching job with the Flames all of the above are non-issues...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

Sutter seems like a bully of a coach. Don't see that working well with the older more talented Islanders lineup. Guys like Yashin and Satan will just ignore him
          Well, that's the trademark Sutter-style of coaching.

It might scare the younger players into playing hard for a little bit, but after a while, the whole team just starts to tune the guy out...

I've had coaches like the Sutters before. They are awful. They rarely succeed at any one place for a long time, unless they completely have control of the organization.

NHL players won't put up with coaches like that for too long unless they prove to be really good coaches. That's why Sutters always wear out their welcomes... that's also why they don't win Stanley Cups... because they can't stay in any one place long enough to build something.

We saw it here in Chicago with Brian Sutter... most recently. His tough guy, screaming coach antics wore thin and ownership saw fit to send him packing.

He specifically was targeting Tyler Arnason with his "macho head games"

The sports writers here in Chicago were going nuts talking about it. There was an incident in Nashville in Feb. of 2004 where Brian Sutter assaulted Arnason at a bar. Sutter had been hard on him all season because he didn't like Arnason's approach to the game. Tyler is a real relaxed guy and his personality wasn't real compatible with "tough guy" Sutter. Sutter was not giving him a lot of playing time, he was being abusive to him, and still Arnason managed to lead the Hawks in scoring that year, despite only getting like 2 minutes more average ice time than 4th line center Scott Nichol that year.

I don't know if Brent is the same as Darryl and Brian... I suspect he is.

But coaches like that are cancers to the team. They rarely have success and they ruin players... and eventually, they find themselves without a job.

It's no accident that a Sutter coached team has not won a Stanley Cup.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It might scare the younger players into playing hard for a little bit, but after a while, the whole team just starts to tune the guy out...
            While your tremendous hockey experience as a child is a valuable asset in this discussion, it means sh*t.

The players don't tune Sutter out -- in the World Juniors or on the Flames.

Just because even a Sutter can't make Chicago suck less don't make them bad coaches.

Look at what a competent coach like Sutter can do for players like Huselius who did nothing in Florida.

There is just no way you can keep painting the brush that Sutters are bad coaches. It's getting old, and your defenses are ridiculous (they're not exactly old, and you're whining that they haven't won a Stanley cup yet?)
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• A good start today for me.

Started today down 2-3.

Now I'm up 7-0.

Comment

• More Godfookingaweful refing. Did they give the idiots from the World Juniors a job?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I was going to respond to Asher's comments about my "childhood" hockey experience (even though I made the Junior A team when I was 19)... but I wouldn't want to risk deflating his ego, and possibly cause a disruption to our league.

Not that it would matter to Asher what I say, anyways.

But still.

I thought for a moment... and it does feel kind of silly. But I don't think I need to give my "hockey credentials". Then it just becomes a "mine is bigger than yours" contest.

I'll just let everyone judge Asher's posts on their own merit.

Oh... someone wake me when a Sutter wins a Stanley Cup.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• of course...

I bench Nabokov against Ottawa...

AND HE GETS A ****ING SHUTOUT

ask;ldfjlasdjfklsadjkl;fsafj'safksadfsadfklsadl;gj sadgksadj'gsadgksad'
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It seems your hockey sense does not tingle like mine.

Comment

• yup... cuz Fantasy hockey is mostly luck...

oh well...

I sit my goalies against good teams, they get shutouts... I play them against bad teams, they get scored on...

that's okay though

it's all in fun

that's why I never do these things for money
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Quotes from around the NHL this week:

"I've never been in prison, but is this what it's like?" - Oilers D Steve Staios on the visitor's dressing room at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh

"They're two young roosters in one barn trying to prove who's best." - Thrashers coach Bob Hartley after Ilya Kovalchuk made a point of showing up Sidney Crosby

"That's like a NASCAR crash. The side panels, everything's gone. The tires are missing. That's a wreck in the third corner coming off the turn. Boom!" - Sharks coach Ron Wilson describing Kyle McLaren's hip check on Columbus' Trevor Letowski

"Dion is our best player, and it's not even close." - Flames coach Darryl Sutter on rookie D Dion Phaneuf

"We thought the bottom was hit two nights ago and tonight we found a way to go lower. We've seen China." - Bruins G Andrew Raycroft

Comment

• Gionta 2 more goals
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Was waiting for that

Comment

• it's okay, you can feel good because bad things are happening to me...

BRODEUR HAS ANOTHER SHUTOUT FOR IMRANS TEAM

AND LEHTONEN HAS A SHUTOUT ALSO... SAME NIGHT (although I think Imran has him benched )

but still... that's 4 shutouts now in the past 2 weeks that people have had against me... and I have one shutout, but I benched the guy... Nabokov against Ottawa

Kk;lsdjf;jSKLfjLKFjlksjlk;fajskl;dfjklasjflkasjfas fkasd
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X